Jar Continued 3

drizzlermibs

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2015
Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a feeling my pics are gonna be a fail for you to go on...but I thot I'd give it a whirl. It is another odd mib, with wide ribbons and two definite seams. The pole is a slightly darker yellow.

Attachments

• IMG_9015.JPG
    IMG_9015.JPG
    872 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_9016.JPG
    IMG_9016.JPG
    817.5 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_9017.JPG
    IMG_9017.JPG
    952.4 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_9018.JPG
    IMG_9018.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 66
  • IMG_9019.JPG
    IMG_9019.JPG
    880.8 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_9054.JPG
    IMG_9054.JPG
    293.7 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_9055.JPG
    IMG_9055.JPG
    585.5 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_9056.JPG
    IMG_9056.JPG
    360.2 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_9087.JPG
    IMG_9087.JPG
    40.3 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
Yeah, it's hard to tell. Your camera is focusing on the shirt instead of the marble. If you can't figure out how to stop it from doing that, sometimes you can get around it by letting it lock on and focus, then pull back until the marble is focused without letting go of the button so that it doesn't try to re-focus again.

OP
OP
D

drizzlermibs

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2015
Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, it's hard to tell. Your camera is focusing on the shirt instead of the marble. If you can't figure out how to stop it from doing that, sometimes you can get around it by letting it lock on and focus, then pull back until the marble is focused without letting go of the button so that it doesn't try to re-focus again.

I tried and added a few more; but not sure any better.

OP
OP
D

drizzlermibs

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2015
Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it's probably a game marble, maybe a MK or Pelt.

I don't want to beat a dead horse, but this mib is interesting to me. I really don't think it is a game marble b/c of the obvious ribbons/seams (unless some game marbles have them?). A thot popped into my head this morn that the structure reminds me of a Vitro Tiger Eye. I know that sounds odd; but I checked out that "57 Varieties" article by Brandstetter and there is actually one referenced (as an oddball) that is Y/Yellow/Yellow. Think that could be a possibility? (It is a rather sad thing when the first thing that pops into your mind in the morn is about ID'ing a marble! Jeez.....)

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

drizzlermibs

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2015
Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is it on a clear base?

(One new pic added with seam outlined. I TRIED to get my pics to allow me to trace more, but only had luck with one of them. After that it kept showing me an error and I couldn't save any). Tough one as it is almost a 'full coverage" but if you can see, in the second to last pic there is that small oval-shaped spot that shows clear base underneath (in pic 5 you can see the 'line' of clear extends up from the oval spot. Anywho, no biggie - just wondered if I mite have a harder to find Vitro Tiger. It is one of "those" marbles that is just wonky enuf to make me take a few more stabs at it. Tx for your patience on this one!!

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
With the better pics I do see what you mean about the tiger eye patterning. It might be, especially if it's on a clear base. What size is it?

OP
OP
D

drizzlermibs

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2015
Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With the better pics I do see what you mean about the tiger eye patterning. It might be, especially if it's on a clear base. What size is it?

Measures .62. Have you ever seen a Tiger Eye with just one color?

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
No, but that doesn't mean they don't exist. So it's not smaller then... I was thinking it was. It might be a weird vitro. Have you posted it at LOM?

OP
OP
D

drizzlermibs

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2015
Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, but that doesn't mean they don't exist. So it's not smaller then... I was thinking it was. It might be a weird vitro. Have you posted it at LOM?

I was thinking of throwing it on LOM, but I'm having issues with resizing some pics again. (NOT due to the forum.) I figured out some of it is that I have to open the pic with the same program and change it in the same one but it doesn't always work. I wanted to be able to do more line outlining but same thing happens and it tells me I can't "share". Frustrating!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread