All this talk of marbles!

Calgarychef

Jan 23, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dug these marbles out of a field in the 80's, and I suspect they're from the '40's or a bit earlier although I might be wrong. There was a farm house near by and I'm going by that. Can anyone tell me if I've got anythg interesting here? The one on the bottom group is clay, and I "think" the other white one could be marble.

Also where is a good online source to research marble values?

image.jpeg

drizzlermibs

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2015
Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only one I know for somewhat certain is the middle on up front. German. Better pic of the upper back rite one? Cheese will let you know...Wish I could help more!

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
Nice! Most of those are probably 1920s to 40s with a few newer. Moxie is right about the German handmade one, looks to be in good shape too!

The red and white one near the back could be an old transitional or an American Agate, with an Akro orange corkscrew to the left of it maybe. The clay "commie" is old but not rare. The old white one in front I think is glass. Looks like probably a West Virginia swirl.

Joemarbles.com Home Page is a great place to learn. Also ALL ABOUT MARBLES - Your online resource for collecting marbles and www.marbleconnection.com and MARBLEALAN.COM and LandOfMarbles.com

Good luck, learning how to ID marbles is a huge undertaking! It's a fun journey though!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread