Various marbles from the Great Aunt...

NellsCollect

Jul 27, 2016
New England
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi all

These marbles have been in the house probably since my mother's aunt moved in, in the 1930s. I remember them being in an odd metal container when I was a kid. Many moons later, I got them out and took some photos. Since signing up for the forum, I noticed this section devoted to marbles, so HERE and the photos I took!

With my luck, I am assuming none have much value, but they sure are pretty!

Here is the first batch:

Marbles1.jpg

Marbles2.jpg

Marbles3.jpg

Marbles5.jpg

Marbles6.jpg

Marbles7.jpg

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
Cool, thanks for sharing! There are marbles from the 1930s to the 1960s there.
The first picture has akro patches and a corkscrew from the 30s-40s and a cateye from later.

The 2nd is newer cateyes (60s or so) and a neat older swirl.

The 3rd has lots of goodies from the 30s and 40s. The 3rd marble there is a peltier peerless patch in a not so common color combo. The fourth marble in that picture is an Akro Popeye, a named and heavily collected corkscrew.

The 4th pic shows many nice older marbles and one newer cateye

The 5th has many nice Akro patches included.

The 6th pic is of akro corkscrews.

In the next post, pics 1,2, and 3 show nice older marbles

Pic 4 has a load of nice ones. The second one is a nice akro snake on transparent red, the 4th is an uncommon red based black corkscrew, 6th and 7th look like nice old slags possibly even older than the 30s, and the last one in the row is a really nice 2 color Akro corkscrew.

Pic 5 has a really neat marble at the right... would like more views of it.

Pics 6 and 7 are nice older marbles. Is there anything inside the transparent marbles?

OP
OP
NellsCollect

NellsCollect

Jul 27, 2016
New England
Primary Interest:
Other
Yikes! Too much to absorb into my brain! :BangHead:

The clear ones, they are some sort of plastic and don't have much heft. Seems an odd choice for a marble. The smaller ones have an air bubble in the middle.

I will try to find that green one you want more photos of... and will take more photos of... it...

drizzlermibs

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2015
Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a stunner! If you have the chance, I would also like to see the last marble in the second group, pic #6 (white based, green and a yellow ribbon), from different angles like you did your last pic. I may not be able to ID it, but it looks like an interesting one. (BTW: your last pic is a great shot. Marbles are not the easiest creatures to take pictures of!)

drizzlermibs

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2015
Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the xtra pics! It is a neat looking marble; but I am very unsure of the maker. Hopefully Cheese will have some idea - I'm quite curious about it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions