help with some ids?

dumpsterdiver

Dec 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My friend is moving his store which sells a variety of things from very rare antiques to appliances. He can't resist a good deal. He told me I could rummage through the attic and I found these. I think a couple are Ravenswood. But mostly are a mystery to me. And the last green ones are smaller than your average marble. I'm kinda of curious about them. All my marble knowledge is gleaned from this board. I just picked what I thought were the highlights out of a box. Some of my photos were too big to upload so if these are interesting I will try again. Thanks

DSCF0929.JPG DSCF0928.JPG DSCF0934.JPG

Last edited:

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
Hi DD,

I'd say most or all of the swirls are Alleys, most of the patches are vitros, and I see a Peltier I think in the top right of the second pic, and maybe 3 marble kings in the middle of the bottom row, same pic. The green and white marbles are game marbles like you would find with chinese checkers. They normally are a bit smaller than the average sized marble. The average marble is about 5/8" and the game marbles are usually closer to 9/16".

OP
OP
D

dumpsterdiver

Dec 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks again Cheese,

Sometime after I uploaded the photo the thought of chinese checkers occurred to me. The Peltier(top right second photo) is actual the most interesting one to me but I'm not sure I photographed its best side. Guess I'll go search some marbles now against the names you gave me. I appreciate your help.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread