Marbles from my 1875 home

Sgtdonovan

Oct 27, 2016
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I found some marbles in my home and I don't know anything about them. I thought I'd post them on here and see if anyone can teach me anything IMG_0447.JPG IMG_0447.JPG

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
I noticed this is you very first post - so, Welcome Aboard! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forums: Select Your Area.... and selecting location information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country). I am sure a member will pipe in shortly with an answer...

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
Sweet! The three in the lower left corner look like the best. The far left lower corner one is a german handmade latticino but in rough shape. The green one above it, I can't tell if it's a good one or not from this view. The red/white/blue one is probably the best. It is machine made but a good color combo and old, probably 1930ish. It might be an Akro Agate corkscrew, need more views to confirm. The brown glazed ones are old and called benningtons. The blue and clear one is a cateye from the 60s or so and the newest of the bunch by far.

drizzlermibs

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2015
Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice! Cheese, any ideas on the clear blue with a yellow patch to the right of the Akro - I can't place it at all? Also, wonder if the one in the far back is a mineral of some type?

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
I think that one is an akro or master. Need a pic of the other seam to tell for sure, but leaning master.

That green one on the left keeps making me think there is Lutz in it. If so, lotsa $$.

wheelerite

Feb 2, 2008
canby,oregon
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter
I don't see any lutz in that cheese, but if you are right it is big money. I think its vitro and the green above the brown bennington is master. The blue and yellow one I have 4 of those I think and think you are right with akro or master. I have see those sold as akro experimentals.
ksmith

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread