Transparent purple based Akro snake.

drizzlermibs

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2015
Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol, you had your chance! :laughing7:

WHAT was I thinking!!! Tis a beauty for sure. I still can't believe there were no bidders on it - slipped under the radar somehow? Can't wait to see what you pick out for your background image/colors if you take one of those pics. I see it is called a Champagne Cork......got anything in your bag of magic to illustrate that????

OP
OP
cheese

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
I'll have to figure out how to take pics without all the reflections, it is so dark that I have to put it up to the sky to get the correct color to show through it.

wheelerite

Feb 2, 2008
canby,oregon
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter
I've had a couple of those that I traded for or found in a jar of marbles I bought, Still might have one hanging around. I still might have one hanging around somewhere. i just cant remember what the "experts" call them.It has something to do with wine or champagne. They are really cool to look at. Had one in yellow glass once also. I really like snakes.

drizzlermibs

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2015
Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had a couple of those that I traded for or found in a jar of marbles I bought, Still might have one hanging around. I still might have one hanging around somewhere. i just cant remember what the "experts" call them.It has something to do with wine or champagne. They are really cool to look at. Had one in yellow glass once also. I really like snakes.

Would love to see some pics if you find them!!

wheelerite

Feb 2, 2008
canby,oregon
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter
I'll try to find the ones I have. I sold the one in yellow glass years ago. Ive gone through all my marbles and cant find the one like the one above. I ll have to look in my wife's small collection.She collects mostly akro's unless she got rid of it too.
kim

Last edited:

drizzlermibs

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2015
Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool, this is the first time I've seen one that I remember. I've seen a couple since.

After seeing another one of these today, I started wondering is that the only color combo with the champagne base? Doesn't that seem a bit odd or not?

OP
OP
cheese

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
It's the only combo I've seen too. I've seen several since I got mine, but I never remember seeing one before I got mine. I guess it's like when you get a new car, suddenly you spot others like it all over the place that you never noticed before.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread