CAC (Christensen Agate Company)

drizzlermibs

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2015
Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, didn't realize you had that many CAC's. Way out of my league on pricing - heck even pelts are getting that way. (For some reason that green one in pic #1/#2 & last pic looks like a Pelt to me. Is it one of those "striped" CAC's?)

wheelerite

Feb 2, 2008
canby,oregon
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter
Nice group, I think I have maybe two striped opaques and a couple of striped transparent, and maybe 10 of the opaque swirls. Nothing great and a bunch of slags. your transparent swirls are the ones that I cant tell if they are Christensens' or not. Is there a trick to it? Looking at yours i have quite a few that are similar that I really don't know who the manufacture is.

OP
OP
cheese

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
They can be tough. The transparent ones often have fine bubbles, the white gets ruffles in the ribbon under the glass... like undulations or ribs. Hard to describe. The thing that helped me most with sorting out the transparent ones was getting a lot of cullet dug from the factory site, which helps me identify the colors and other traits. CAC made lots of transparent swirls apparently. Some, like the wispy lime green ones, I would never have guessed CAC until I found cullet exactly like it from the factory. I'm not 100% positive on the correct ID of every marble here... I think the yellow one all the way to the right is probably an Akro after a closer look, and there is at least one Alley in the mix too.

Last edited:

wheelerite

Feb 2, 2008
canby,oregon
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter
Thanks cheese, I have never seen any cullet over here on the west coast. I will start looking for some I think on e-bay and maybe look at more collections on line to try to get a handle on figuring out the cac swirls.

OP
OP
cheese

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
When I was studying transparent CAC swirls, I laid out a lot of the transparent pieces of dug cullet and studied the colors and traits, then went through a lot of my collection and pulled out marbles that I thought matched in color and ribbon behavior. Some may not be correct but I believe most of the marbles shown along with this cullet are CACs. Some have been verified by other CAC collectors, and some will never be able to be 100% verified, but you just sort it out as good as you can. Here are some pics that might help. I have tons of opaque cullet I haven't photographed yet.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread