Aug 18, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
MXT 300MM PISTOL PROBE FISKARS SPADE AND SHOVEL 12INCH,4X6 AND 8X6 SEF
XT600 TO GET THERE

BEST FIND TO DATE 1787 FUGIO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sitting here waiting for our next snow storm to start and thought Id take a few pics of ones I have in jar in dining room....mentioned before I have zero knowledge but want to start learning a bit...wife and I do a lot of yard sales and do see jars of them time to time.So be interesting to look through some.If anything of interest in pics please feel free to let me know..or if just new stuff.

Attachments

• DSCF6152.JPG
    DSCF6152.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 63
  • DSCF6153.JPG
    DSCF6153.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 78
  • DSCF6154.JPG
    DSCF6154.JPG
    1,023.8 KB · Views: 61
  • DSCF6155.JPG
    DSCF6155.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 58

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
Nice group! Most all are old (1940s and some 50s) and fairly common, but a good group to learn from. The blue and red in the bottom left corner looks like it could be a nice akro prizename. I see lotf of vitro conquerors, phantom conquerors, and Alleys. If you want to ID any, take pics of small groups, like 4 or 5 at a time showing different angles.

drizzlermibs

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2015
Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Think we are both getting the same storm (in Vermont)! Anywho, I agree; fun group! And Cheese has been a HUGE help for me in this hobby; so if you are looking to learn, you are in excellent hands! (and pics you post help me too!)

For me, the two that caught my eye are:

First pic: at about 9 p.m., white based with red and blue ribbon in the middle. Looks like a nice Marble King Rainbow Red. Common, but still a pretty mib in my book.
Second pic: the second to the top row; far rite kind of cut in half. White based with red and green.

OP
OP
HAPPYCAMPER

HAPPYCAMPER

Aug 18, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
MXT 300MM PISTOL PROBE FISKARS SPADE AND SHOVEL 12INCH,4X6 AND 8X6 SEF
XT600 TO GET THERE

BEST FIND TO DATE 1787 FUGIO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you both for input..will look up the names you listed and start from there as a big help fore sure,wouldnt have the foggiest idea what names they are....must be a few reference books,will take a peek on Ebay just for the heck of it.

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
American Machine Made marbles is probably the best one out there. Marble Mania is pretty good too. There are lots of them out there, none 100% correct, but things change with marbles as new information is uncovered all the time, especially since the internet and forums where people can easily share their info and photos and exchange information.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did not realize there were others like me who collect marbles. I do not know what they are called as far as names. But awesome collection.

drizzlermibs

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2015
Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If anyone is interested, when I first started collecting, I often referred to Alan's Marble Connection website for general information on marbles (i.e. various makers) and ID assistance. (I still often refer back to it). As with the books Cheese mentioned, some of the info may not be up to date as new info has since come to light; but for me, it still has a ton of information and is a very easy site to use. Hope this helps! (and thanks for sharing your photos, hope you keep 'em coming!!)

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread