Bought some marbles. Any Value?

WoodnHead

Mar 29, 2017
Pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi,

I picked up a few bags of marbles at a sale. They looked like mostly older marbles. Some of the marbles are knocked about a bit. The shooters are pretty chewed up except one large white and blue one. Other than that I don't know much about marbles! Wondering if they're worth listing online? I wouldn't know anything about grading them or varieties and would most likely list them as a lot. Or just put them in jars and look at them! :^)

IMG_3302.jpg IMG_3308.jpg

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
The group on the left is a nice old group with marbles from the 30s or so and up. Probably a $20 group give or take. The bowl full is mostly Marble Kings from the 50s to 80s or so but still has value. I see an old german handmade from the turn of the century but it's chewed up badly. I'm not sure what the bowl full is worth... probably $20-$50 on ebay. Nice grab!

OP
OP
WoodnHead

WoodnHead

Mar 29, 2017
Pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, Cheese! I much appreciate the information. I just saw a bunch of sandwich bags full of marbles and grabbed them all!

In doing some research I could recognize some obvious like clay marbles and sulfides - it's the swirled, colored ones that are a huge mystery.
I also have an even larger German one (if you're talking about the swirled shooter below the green shooter in the bowl) but it's chewed up badly as well. I never realized how involved marble collecting was! They are beautiful and I may add most of them to my own collection.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread