A little help from my friends

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
A friend of mine picked up a couple of jars full of marbles a few towns over because he knows I like them. That in itself is pretty cool, but when I started going through them, I found a lot of interesting cateyes. Normally all the cats go in a jar and I pay them no attention but I saw some really cool vitro hybrids and some japanese cross throughs. I took some pictures... have you ever seen a black and brown vitro hybrid? I had to light it up with a super bright maglight to get the pictures but it is beautiful. Some of the easter colored hybrids are beautiful too. I then noticed an 8 vane japanese cross through, which is pretty uncommon if I am understanding right. There were an inordinate amount of Cairos in the bunch too. I also picked out a nice little cub-scout/bumblebee hybrid too.

Last edited:

drizzlermibs

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2015
Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I actually love some of the cat's out there and you have some nice ones. I don't recall seeing a brown/black hybrid. I have a few nice hybrids that I put in a special place - but do you think I recall where that 'special place' is? :tongue3:

These japanese white cross-thrus are some of my favs also - paired with their transparent counterpart they are lovely. I believe I have all the color combos except two which remain elusive.

Attachments

• IMG_8258.JPG
    IMG_8258.JPG
    988.3 KB · Views: 76
OP
OP
cheese

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
I can't believe I'm starting to show interest in cateyes. Can't.... let.... that... .happen!! ugh, next thing you know, I'll be collecting Jabos, lol.

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i find marbles but am i losing them ?:dontknow:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread