First Run-in w/ Marbles, Need help.

Stef45

Jan 7, 2016
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recently went on a privy hunt and was able to dig a few bottle dumps on the same property. These three came from a bottle dump that was about 3 foot deep and contained bottles from 1890-1910ish. Ive been trying to crash course in marbles but there are just so many and i'm not sure what to look for. Any help from y'all would be great!

This one measures in at around 15.2mm. Creamy white and amber red.
IMG_4835.jpg IMG_4836.jpg IMG_4837.jpg

Next one measures in at around 16.1mm. Again creamy white, an orange color and a little bit of transparent area.
IMG_4838.jpg IMG_4839.jpg IMG_4840.jpg

The last one measures at around 16.3 mm. It still has come rust crud on it but the color is cool. The swirl in it is different shades of orange and amber w/ the rest that same milky white.
IMG_4841.jpg IMG_4842.jpg IMG_4843.jpg

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
Hello Stef45!

Cool finds! The first and third are West Virginia swirls, the first one likely from the Alley company, the 3rd probably Ravenswood. They are from the 1930s or so. The second marble is a Vitro Conqueror. It is from the 1940s (they named these with war related names like conqueror and victory) or 50s. I've done some bottle digging too, love it! I have a great spot to go but no time to dig it. Maybe this fall. Keep digging!

OP
OP
Stef45

Stef45

Jan 7, 2016
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Stef45!

Cool finds! The first and third are West Virginia swirls, the first one likely from the Alley company, the 3rd probably Ravenswood. They are from the 1930s or so. The second marble is a Vitro Conqueror. It is from the 1940s (they named these with war related names like conqueror and victory) or 50s. I've done some bottle digging too, love it! I have a great spot to go but no time to dig it. Maybe this fall. Keep digging!

Thanks! Hoping they were older but i had no idea. They weren't coming from the bottom of the pit so i knew there was a possibility that they weren't as old as the bottles.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread