NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all, I'm not sure why I never thought to post pics of these here before, but I've got this old coffee can of marbles here.... I rescued these from a dumpster several years ago and just remembered I had them really. I know pretty much zero about marbles so any info would be great. Hoping that they're priceless and I can get that new minelab machine and also retire, but I'd settle for one or the other :laughing7:

The can is an old Luzianne coffee, 1940's maybe? I know that doesn't mean the marbles are the same age, but it's a neat old tin anyway.

marbles1.jpg marbles2.jpg marbles3.jpg marbles4.jpg marbles5.jpg marbles6.jpg marbles7.jpg

Thanks for looking and any info!

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
Nice group! Those are mostly all old West Virginia swirls from the 20a to the 40s or 50s. Most American marbles came from West Virginia from one of many glass factories there. Most of these probably were from the Alley Agate factory and some from Heaton, Cairo, Ravenswood, and maybe more. I don't see any worth the big bucks though, sorry.

drizzlermibs

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2015
Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice group! Those are mostly all old West Virginia swirls from the 20a to the 40s or 50s. Most American marbles came from West Virginia from one of many glass factories there. Most of these probably were from the Alley Agate factory and some from Heaton, Cairo, Ravenswood, and maybe more. I don't see any worth the big bucks though, sorry.

Cheese, Did a transparent peltier Clown (or ?) sneak into the group (pic #5)?
And thank you, Nola_Ken, for rescuing these from the dumpster. While perhaps not of much monetary value, they surely didn't deserve such cavalier treatment!

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would have taken that old coffee can of marbles too. I like the tin and the marbles. Thanks for saving and thanks for sharing......yes I too have lots of those things around my house that I have forgotten I have......:laughing7:

OP
OP
NOLA_Ken

NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I had a feeling I'd still have to go to work this week. :tongue3: I'm glad I was able to save them, I can't stand seeing old things go in the trash. This can was apparently on a shelf over an old guys workbench when they were clearing his estate, and I have bottles of dug marbles on a shelf over mine so I guess these will join them there. Thanks for looking everyone

drizzlermibs what is a "transparent peltier Clown" or rather which one in the pic?

drizzlermibs

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2015
Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am not at all sure that is what the marble is - need Cheese's input for sure! I've only been at this hobby for about two years which might sound like a long time but, in this hobby with so many makers and types of marbles, it is a mere drop in the bucket.

The marble that caught my eye is in the 5th pic, far left row, 3rd one down. It has yellow and red ribbons.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread