Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Uh oh Cheese.

I regret to report that I have developed an interest in marbles. German handmade marbles in particular. I got some marbles from an antique guy the other day. While looking at them, I noticed that these two are the same, I believe they are from the same cane, do you concur?

B422418A-3946-4988-A637-292E8516B6F8.jpeg 7B2254B0-333C-4F9D-A4C7-223C501A3BD9.jpeg

Your input is always appreciated.

Thanks for looking.

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
Uh-oh, the bug bites again :D

I would say so, especially since they were found together. Good find! Those have some nice rich colors too, check the green with a bright light for glittery sparkle. If it has it, that would be aventurine and makes the marbles even more valuable.

OP
OP
Carolina Tom

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Uh-oh, the bug bites again :D

I would say so, especially since they were found together. Good find! Those have some nice rich colors too, check the green with a bright light for glittery sparkle. If it has it, that would be aventurine and makes the marbles even more valuable.

I will look at them closely when I get home, and see if I can see any sparkles.

Thanks for the input sir!

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hard to tell from the photos and not having them in hand. Problem is that even if they came from the same cane it's hard to prove unless they were right next to each other. The patterns can be replicated with pretty good accuracy, but at the same time could come from different ends of the pull which can alter the patterns/spacings more than you would think. Looking at these two i can confidently say they were not next to each other based on the spacing of the white stripes and the color thicknesses/washes on the interior ribbons. Though could easily be from different parts of the same pull or an entirely different pull. Also no adventurine there that I see.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions