Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was told yesterday that Treasurenet has a Marble forum, something I hope to take advantage of with this incidental find from a hunt at a Baltimore City park from 10/16/2018.

I dug this marble in the course of locating a target. I have not found one like it before. Any help you may lend in giving a general date for this piece will be appreciated.

IMG_6884.JPG IMG_6885.JPG IMG_6887.JPG

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a book on marbles, except the ones I already lost. I think 1940's give or take 10 years.

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks smokey! Figured marbles would be tricky to date.

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
Nice, I see what you mean by "dreamsicle"!

That one looks like a CAC (Christensen Agate Company). They are highly sought after by collectors, possibly the most sought after maker of all. This one is probably mid-late 1920s. They only made marbles for 8 years, from 1925 to 1933. They used some of the highest quality glass in the marble industry. The damage to it ruins the value but it might still be worth a few bucks. Very cool find!

Last edited:
OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the education, cheese. I do appreciate you taking the time to explain this find.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the education, cheese. I do appreciate you taking the time to explain this find.

Wow,, that's quite a find,, seems we need to protect them from damage after we dig them up. Just like a silver coin, you don't want to chip or scratch it. Congrats again McCDig.

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks ATW. No marbles on today's hunt but I did get a portion of a bottle neck, deep green and certainly much older than that marble. I like the marble more, though.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread