Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My dad collected marbles. Kind of. He managed to fill two or three plastic jugs with them but had no thought of them being anything but glass. I used to play marbles at school with othe r kids.
Anyway I had these handy, and I know a few of the rest are older. That one to the right has an odd spot.

20181129_195227-02.jpeg

lairmo

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2009
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Fisher M-Scope 1280-X
I had a BUNCH!!!! lost most of them in a divorce...accident by ex-spouses friend...and all of them in a house fire...I need to find my marbles...

OP
OP
Hillbilly Prince

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a BUNCH!!!! lost most of them in a divorce...accident by ex-spouses friend...and all of them in a house fire...I need to find my marbles...

This probably a state by state thing, but here anything you own before you get married is off the table in terms of dividing stuff. Even a home unless you put your spouse's name on the deed after you get married.
I think I was born without marbles :D

lairmo

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2009
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Fisher M-Scope 1280-X
Actually, she was supposed to take a curio cabinet and empty the bottom 3 shelves for me...Arrowheads, coins, clay pipes, marbles, an inkwell, etc. She ended up taking everything and by time I found out I could never recover it again, because "NO ONE" had a memory of it...go figure...

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
Nice, looks like yu have some from around the 1940s or so up to the 60s or 70s maybe. The Peltier rainbo (1st marble) is the oldest I believe. Well, you can't really tell how old the clear ones are just by looking at them normally (unless they have pontils from being handmade).

OP
OP
Hillbilly Prince

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice, looks like yu have some from around the 1940s or so up to the 60s or 70s maybe. The Peltier rainbo (1st marble) is the oldest I believe. Well, you can't really tell how old the clear ones are just by looking at them normally (unless they have pontils from being handmade).

Thanks for the comment. I don't know anything about marbles. There is at least one I have which I believe is handmade. Possibly more.
I'll add some more later.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions