Dec 16, 2015
Baltimore
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, BH Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi mr Cheese
Been referred to u many times in other forums but never had the time to stop by.
As the year ended I put together all my marbles for the year. I know the clay marbles
Are old, but I’m clueless about the others. Probably just modern junk but I think it’s
Worth asking.
DF56973C-9B2F-43A5-BB06-DFE4F37245D1.jpeg
66A68D95-20B6-405D-82D2-24EAA04346AA.jpeg
1CA25AAA-AD17-44CE-8C20-8EC1443682E0.jpeg

Thanx in advance Cheese

Lilo

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
Hi there Lilo!

Nice group! The clay ones with the round eyes on them are called Benningtons. They are cool and collectible but not very valuable. A couple bucks each, maybe $10 or $15 for the shooter.

The second photo shows some nicer old ones from mostly the 1940s or so, some Vitros, maybe a Master, some Alleys, and maybe other West Virginia swirls, all machine made. I don't think any are more than a couple of bucks. The third from the left in the center row could be a few bucks if condition is nice, might be a Ravenswood swirl.

Last photo looks like a range from the 30s to the 70s or so. The oldest would be the Vitro Helmet (the white one with a short red strip and clear window at around 5:00 in the center area of the marbles, and the Akro rebel corkscrew, that's the red/black/white one at the top. That one could be worth a little bit if the condition is minty. Maybe $15-30.
I do see a couple of blue slags in that last photo. Those would be even older. Maybe teens-20s. They probably overlap with the age of the clays and the clays extend earlier still.

Thanks for sharing, hope that helps!

Last edited:
OP
OP
8Reales

8Reales

Bronze Member
Dec 16, 2015
Baltimore
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, BH Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi there Lilo!

Nice group! The clay ones with the round eyes on them are called Benningtons. They are cool and collectible but not very valuable. A couple bucks each, maybe $10 or $15 for the shooter.

The second photo shows some nicer old ones from mostly the 1940s or so, some Vitros, maybe a Master, some Alleys, and maybe other West Virginia swirls, all machine made. I don't think any are more than a couple of bucks. The third from the left in the center row could be a few bucks if condition is nice, might be a Ravenswood swirl.

Last photo looks like a range from the 30s to the 70s or so. The oldest would be the Vitro Helmet (the white one with a short red strip and clear window at around 5:00 in the center area of the marbles, and the Akro rebel corkscrew, that's the red/black/white one at the top. That one could be worth a little bit if the condition is minty. Maybe $15-30.
I do see a couple of blue slags in that last photo. Those would be even older. Maybe teens-20s. They probably overlap with the age of the clays and the clays extend earlier still.

Such much knowledge, it does help a lot, don't plan on selling just wanted to know what i had, Ill snap some pictures of my marbles from previous years and see if there is something interesting, again thanx a lot u are a vastly knowledgable person.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi there Lilo!

Well done Cheese,,

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thank you for sharing the information...I love finding old clay marbles a very (Child personal) fun item! :occasion14:

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
I see you didn't ask for values, and I put them in anyway out of habit... so many folks asking about their marbles here and on other sites are trying to see if they have anything valuable in the bunch.

OP
OP
8Reales

8Reales

Bronze Member
Dec 16, 2015
Baltimore
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, BH Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see you didn't ask for values, and I put them in anyway out of habit... so many folks asking about their marbles here and on other sites are trying to see if they have anything valuable in the bunch.

No way my friend , love my marbles would never sell them, I grew playing marbles in Mexico, when i returned home i will find a few marbles here and there at home that i left some 20 years ago, thats priceless, I still play with the kids from my small town when ever i get a chance.

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
That's great! I haven't seen a kid play marbles since the 1980s I guess. Not counting me showing my nephew how to play recently.

OP
OP
8Reales

8Reales

Bronze Member
Dec 16, 2015
Baltimore
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, BH Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's great! I haven't seen a kid play marbles since the 1980s I guess. Not counting me showing my nephew how to play recently.

Rural Mexico is still active with marbles and many old school games.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread