Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Is there a way you can take this marble or at least where it came from what origin? I just haven’t seen many black one is it common? IMG_0258.jpg IMG_0257.jpg

Oh no now I’m gonna get hooked on marvels uggh

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
Not by those pics. If there are any other features that might lend a hint, send more pics. The ends of the ribbons might help. I bet if you shine a bright light through it, it's either brown, purple, or dark green. It's an old swirl, so that limits it to pretty Mush West Virginia and Ohio, but I can tell it's not a CAC, so it's a WV swirl of some kind. Probably Alley just by the odds. Alley made most of the WV swirls.

Marbles are easy to get hooked on! Check out the marble groups on facebook and forums online! It's a big wild world, much more to marbles than most would think. I was at a marble show in Panama City last month and a guy sold his collection. Yeah, for a mere $300,000!!!

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not by those pics. If there are any other features that might lend a hint, send more pics. The ends of the ribbons might help. I bet if you shine a bright light through it, it's either brown, purple, or dark green. It's an old swirl, so that limits it to pretty Mush West Virginia and Ohio, but I can tell it's not a CAC, so it's a WV swirl of some kind. Probably Alley just by the odds. Alley made most of the WV swirls.

Marbles are easy to get hooked on! Check out the marble groups on facebook and forums online! It's a big wild world, much more to marbles than most would think. I was at a marble show in Panama City last month and a guy sold his collection. Yeah, for a mere $300,000!!!

I appreciate you educating me cheese. I’m going to shine a light through it and I’ll make another picture image-2020-03-25-23:29:49-925.jpg image-2020-03-25-23:29:07-688.jpg And it’s purple

amypang

Greenie
Mar 13, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just like Tiger eye stone...but colour variations are different..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread