A new one from the desert.

PinchedDreamer

Feb 11, 2017
Clark County Nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey all. I have to start off by saying that I can't believe how excited I've been since I found this one, because I couldn't wait to do another post in this section. IDK what it is about friggin marbles man, but I think I may have lost mine for them, if that makes sense to anyone lol.
Anyhow, I took a nice two and a half hour stroll along the bike path and the surrounding desert, while watching the sun set over the Las Vegas Valley and The Strip. Not even ten minutes in, I pick up a rock for inspection, and this handsome little fella was chillin right behind it. Now I'm considering searching every bin of rocks I have so I can locate the rest of the marbles I've stashed away.....���� IMG_20200609_211842646~2.jpg IMG_20200609_211808534.jpg IMG_20200609_211753383.jpg ] IMG_20200609_211729461.jpg

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
Lol, watch out, those marbles get in the blood and you can't shake em! That's a Vitro Conqueror, named that during or right after WWII.

OP
OP
P

PinchedDreamer

Feb 11, 2017
Clark County Nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you so much for the ID! I hope to one day be able to figure them out for myself, but there is so much to learn lol. I'm curious, is there a right and wrong way to clean and store them?
Also, Cheese, is there any way you know anything about the big blue one from my previous post?

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
You can clean them with just about anything, they are glass and pretty tough. I've used steel wool on some stubborn ones. I store common ones in old mason jars but ones that have value shouldn't be against each other rubbing the glossy finish off. I store them in jewelry boxes and in an old machinist's chest. I commented on that previous post with the only info I can provide. Solid colored marbles can't usually be attributed to a maker because there are no identifiable markings and just about all the makers made them.

DSCN2175.jpg

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread