Anyone been doing anything in Maryland

Dual Hunter

Jan 18, 2009
Middle River MD.
Detector(s) used
Minelab ctx 3030. Xp deus.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
come on now this site is beyond stagnant , anyone been detecting around good old Maryland ? any finds ? took Born2Dtect to one of my sites on the shore Saturday ground was like concrete didn't find much i could dig .broke my digging tool in the ground,it was that hard , Born2Dtect found a few farm relics i don't know if he has identified them yet .got a few places local I'm getting ready to check out

mtbiker

Aug 24, 2006
VA
Detector(s) used
White's XLT & White's PI
I got out the other day. Some of the ground was STILL frozen. I didn't mind! I was happy to get out!!!! Have off Monday. Plan to go to a "very historical area" to TRY to get permission to hunt. HH all!!!!

Bartman

Apr 9, 2008
Baltimore/Cambridge, MD
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2, ACE 250
I was out all last Sun. I hiked way back to some abandon houses in the woods. Didn't find anything, but could only hunt there about an hour and will definitely be back. I hit a farm field in the afternoon interesting. Gonna try to get out tomorrow at a park here in the city.

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
not been out too much this winter. probably gonna give it a try this week

dasdigger

Feb 1, 2008
frederick,md
Detector(s) used
whites 5900 & mxt 300
went out on thursday at my new deer hunting spot near poolsville its a good area thought what the hell there might be somthing there i found three 3 ringers bullets and a 44 cal. pistal bullet

OP
OP
Dual Hunter

Dual Hunter

Jan 18, 2009
Middle River MD.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
i just started checking out my Deer hunting areas last year when i found one was an old early 1800's homestead

Bartman

Apr 9, 2008
Baltimore/Cambridge, MD
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2, ACE 250
Funny you guys should mention it, that is how I found the 2 spots in the woods. Both are my deer hunting spots and I knew there were 1800's homesteads there.

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
I live in South Jersey and have my eye on many MD sites less than an hours drive. One of these days I will make the trip!

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
found an old homesite 1920 - 1950 back in the woods in AA county today gonna swing the coil around it this week

OP
OP
Dual Hunter

Dual Hunter

Jan 18, 2009
Middle River MD.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Was out yesterday detecting an old mansion site in Balto. Co. ,found a stencil type sign about 6"x3" with a company name on it ,i think,reads Gohlinghorst & CO Balto. with 3759 in the middle can't find anything on internet about the name or company , looks to be old and made of copper,also found a buckle off of a saddle or men's belt, friend with me found a button off what looks like civil war era with spread eagle on face

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
Dual Hunter said:
Was out yesterday detecting an old mansion site in Balto. Co. ,found a stencil type sign about 6"x3" with a company name on it ,i think,reads Gohlinghorst & CO Balto. with 3759 in the middle can't find anything on internet about the name or company , looks to be old and made of copper,also found a buckle off of a saddle or men's belt, friend with me found a button off what looks like civil war era with spread eagle on face

Gohlinghorst is certainly a good old name in Baltimore. I would bet you could track it by going to the court house and searching the public records there. Sounds like a neat find! Can we see a photo when you get a chance?

OP
OP
Dual Hunter

Dual Hunter

Jan 18, 2009
Middle River MD.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
sorry it takes me forever to get pics uploaded to computer the first pic is the stencil sign and buckle from an old mansion in Baltimore County , the other photo minus the lure ,grommet,rivet , ........is of my finding at an old homestead in Crapo Dorchester County, its appears to be a modern high powered rifle slug ,a possible pistol slug ,and a fired round ball ,this is my guess,the other stuff was found at Sandy Point.

Attachments

• P3020017.JPG
    P3020017.JPG
    50.6 KB · Views: 442
OP
OP
Dual Hunter

Dual Hunter

Jan 18, 2009
Middle River MD.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
forgot the second pic

Attachments

• P3020021.JPG
    P3020021.JPG
    43.2 KB · Views: 456

Bartman

Apr 9, 2008
Baltimore/Cambridge, MD
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2, ACE 250
Got out for about an hour on Sunday (before the storm hit). I found what I thought was going to be my first large cent, but I'm still not sure what it is (found at an 1800's homestead). I compared it to a LC in my collection and it is slightly bigger in diameter. It has a green patina to it, but I couldn't really pull any details off of it. It was holed in the center so I'm thinking it may have been a large copper button.

kool361

Nov 19, 2008
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Tracker IV
I'm going out Saturday morning. Going up to Frederick, MD to check out what used to be a small community but all of the houses have been torn down. Then hopefully go over to a coworkers house whos live across the street from a house that dates back to the mid 1800s. Here is a new site that has a pretty amazing map of Maryland from 1858.
http://www.mdslavery.net/html/mapped_images/mapsindex.html
On the maps just click on the county you want to look at and it will show you the county from there click on the district and bam you get a huge high res jpg.

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Dual Hunter,

I just found this post. I found a 1945 quarter and a brass snuffer off a candle put outer thingy? Have you got a new digger yet. I got out to a place on Rt. 50 in Easton, old house that is going to be moved. Found a well worn cape button. Keep in touch.

Ed D.

OP
OP
Dual Hunter

Dual Hunter

Jan 18, 2009
Middle River MD.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Ed,
Yea i actually went out today and got a Lesche ,i guess that's how its spelled, finally got back to work, had to sort of drop my electrician field for a maintenance mechanic position at a nursing home up here in Baltimore, pay cut but the insurance is good and seems to have decent job security, congrats on the quarter and button and candle putter outer thingy . lets meet up again soon for some MDing
Mark

Jimmy D

Jul 10, 2007
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Minelab Quattro, Minelab X-Terra 70
Hello all, I live up in the Frederick area, if anyone gets up this way and wants to do some MD'ing let me know. Alot of good sites, old parks etc........

Joe Kerr

Jan 27, 2008
Went out yesterday and finally got my first silver. A 1949 quarter. I thought that I had hunted this site out (produced plenty of wheaties and some clad but no silver), but I can say that no site is really hunted out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread