Detector(s) used
White's DFX

Ibfinding

Greenie
Nov 21, 2007
kansas city
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500, Bounty Hunter 505
Hello Jason, I am also new to Baltimore. I am itching to go digging! what did you find out about permits??? We should hit some of these parks around here! Let me know if your interested!!!

architecad

Nov 25, 2008
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett CX-II, GTI 2500, Sea hunter, Eagle Eye two box
JasonHanscom said:
Hi, new to Maryland, looking foward to the snow to melt, so I can go out and detect, are there rules regarding metal detecting?
Are you allowed to detect in state parks, are their permits that would allow you to do so?
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Also does anyone know any areas in columbia, or ellicott city that I could go detecting?

Honestly, Maryland suck when you want to detect. I asked and filled out a permit for metal detecting and never-ever they responded me. I made according with the county park regulation request, but, like I said, they never provided me an answer. I gave up this state. Only I could detect in Sandy Point or I would look for to join in some MD club.

horsepowerdan

Tenderfoot
Feb 12, 2014
Maryland
Detector(s) used
DFX, 5900DiPro, Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have had plenty of luck doing some research and knocking on doors (private land owners). The rewards are worth the effort.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sandy Point State park is ok, check with them first. All other state parks are off limits. Find private property.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I did a lot of research to find my Father-in-laws 68 acres was originally deeded as payment for service in the Rev. war.. problem is, that's like 1000 miles from me:BangHead:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BigWaveDAve- let me put it simply - plane ticket! Works for me!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread