Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Civil War camps on the "EASTERN SHORE" of MARYLAND.

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Dex
    Mt. Ararat #44

Dec 2007
    Baltimore/DC
    Discriminator II
    1 times

Re: Civil War camps on the "EASTERN SHORE" of MARYLAND.

Hey raif, I just moved to Odenton recently and I have .01 cent in my finds so far but that was pretty much my first time out and the place I went was full of garbage. Still learning the machine and stuff.

Maybe I'll see you around.

us
    Jun 2008
    eastern shore MD.
    Garrett
    3 times

Hi,
    i did some looking into it .i looked on a civil war site and nothing,
    i also went to easton's libary. to the md room. i was really disapointed!! their was some kirby sites around trappe but nothing about a camp. they only had 2 old maps.
    i found more than that on the puter . the libary really dint have much about where places were. lots of records of familys ect.. in book but with out the maps it wasn't real helpful.
    we usually go out in the evenings or sat or sun. maybe we can meet up some time and go to a site together. my boyfriend the one who really detects i just dig. would like to meet someone else to dect. with. kawalabear

us
    Jun 2006
    Elkton, Maryland
    1 times

Quote Originally Posted by kawalabear
    Hi,
    i did some looking into it .i looked on a civil war site and nothing,
    i also went to easton's libary. to the md room. i was really disapointed!! their was some kirby sites around trappe but nothing about a camp. they only had 2 old maps.
    i found more than that on the puter . the libary really dint have much about where places were. lots of records of familys ect.. in book but with out the maps it wasn't real helpful.
    we usually go out in the evenings or sat or sun. maybe we can meet up some time and go to a site together. my boyfriend the one who really detects i just dig. would like to meet someone else to dect. with. kawalabear
    Hey Kawalabear, I live up north in Elkton Maryland. My wifes sister lives down near Pokemoke. I dont think thats spelled right LOL but maybe on one of our trips down we can get together and hit some sites. My wife doesnt detect either. We take my five year old out tho and she just kinda follows him around while I do my thing....How can I talk her into digging for me like you do LOL just messing with ya. Not sure how far Pokemoke is from you guys tho.....

Kierdan
    Me fail English? That's unpossible! -Ralph Wiggam-

Nov 2005
    87 times
    For various reasons, I have been in and out of detecting over the last 40 years.
    My dad was older than I and I once asked him for ideas for hunting. He couldn't think of any.
    Well, one day not long after, I was detecting an open field in Essex, and found a 1942 British Half Crown.
    When I told him, he nonchalantly replied, oh yeah. Used to be a military base there.
    Gee, thanks.
    I have had only one run-in, and it was that same field, the same day. I had a couple of shifty guys approach me, asking questions and trying to slip behind me. I think if I had not had that long, stainless steel trowel with me, I would have been hurt, and detectorless.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links