Charlotte Hall, MD

66Fairlane

Jul 29, 2012
Wondering what kind of luck you have had lately finding places in the area. I just moved to CH and can't seem to find a lot of historic information like old maps etc. I know there is a lot of history here just can't seem to find easy information. ~justin

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Try the museums, historical society, and library. Look in United States Treasure Atlas by Terry. Check on line hand print-2_edited-6.jpg http://www.gwizit.com/treasure select treasure at the top, then select state on left. Happy Hunting

Leopard11

Jan 30, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetic Delta 4000 and BH SS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck in that county. Since most of St Marys is considered historical by the state historical society which has strict laws against metal detecting (but ironically cant seem to save a historical home in aa county that dated around 1840-1860, demolished a few months ago, that of John Lowman property owner circa 1860). Your best bet is to try and make a friend who might grant you access to survey their property. I would try someone of working class with small farmland. And always offer reimbursement share your finds and if something of great value split or 40/60 etc. Help those that help you. Don't waste time with vast land owners, they are rich and don't usually want to be bothered by outsiders.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread