The Old Castle***

doverturtle

Apr 23, 2010
York County, PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon; Garrett AT Pro; Garrett Infinium; XP Deus; Minelab Excalibur 1000
I wish I had a boat to help you out. It sounds like it could be a fun hunt.

lawman0210

Jan 6, 2007
Edgewood, MD
Detector(s) used
Garret ATI Pro, Ace 250 ATI Gold, Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Direct gps coordinates please

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
You know, I have never recorded GPS coordinates on a cache location. I am more of a map person.
Were you referring to the castle or the trading post? Frank... 111-1 profile.jpg

lawman0210

Jan 6, 2007
Edgewood, MD
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will take either or any that may yield a coin older then 1943. Need to get out and really have no places yet. Between babysitting my grand daughter, taking care of my 2 dogs, 3 cats and home maintenence I don't have much time to metal detect let alone research. No looking for Captain Kids treasure just a few older coins. Ty

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
I have a boat. I live in Perry Hall.
The Island is in the Susquehanna just north of Havre de Grace. I have a good idea where the fort was located on the island. It was a trading post and then a fort. Frank...
AA garwood.jpg Is this the boat/ LOL Frank

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
I will take either or any that may yield a coin older then 1943. Need to get out and really have no places yet. Between babysitting my grand daughter, taking care of my 2 dogs, 3 cats and home maintenence I don't have much time to metal detect let alone research. No looking for Captain Kids treasure just a few older coins. Ty

OK here's one. You live in the city I take it. I use to live on Purdue Ave in the Woodbourne Heights area off of Loch Raven Blvd and a couple blocks south of Belvedere Ave.
I never got around to getting permission to hunt it, but Purdue Ave ends at Enoch Pratt's old home. It is now ,I believe a childrens home. This should perk you up. Across from Pratts home was another mansion that I did hunt. I found a $5 gold coin there, my first gold. That was torn down and is now apartments.
So the location is Purdue Ave. & Woodbourne Ave. The city ownes the land , so being an x cop you might have an in. Good luck, Frank...
hand print-2_edited-5.jpg

lawman0210

Jan 6, 2007
Edgewood, MD
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will look to go there in the upcoming month. I will pack my detector a can of pepper spray and of course..... well that's for another forum. Ty

Glen Burnie

Mar 29, 2014
I will look to go there in the upcoming month. I will pack my detector a can of pepper spray and of course..... well that's for another forum. Ty Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Frank:

If you want an understudy please contact me. I would be very interested in making some friends to hunt with from time to time.

Tim

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Frank:

If you want an understudy please contact me. I would be very interested in making some friends to hunt with from time to time.

Tim

Well, If you know any one on Gibson Island, that Capt. Kidd cache might warrant some research. My family had a place in Arcadia and that tale was very popular many years ago. Frank... hand print-2_edited-5.jpg

DirtDiggerDaveinMD

Jan 31, 2005
I love the Warren area around Loch Raven and have been fascinated with old town ever since I saw the steps to nowhere in the side of the hill at Warren Cove, as a kid. The mansion foundation that belonged to Summerfield Baldwin is at the top of that hill. I have pictures of many of the old foundations in the area, including the axle Frankn mentioned. I'll see if I can dig them up and post them.

DirtDiggerDaveinMD

Jan 31, 2005
Here are some photos from the Warren Road area that I converted to .jpeg from prints. The quality is not digital, but no too bad.

warren 8 gunpowder river mill site.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread