Harford County Gold Panning

NCprospector

Tenderfoot
Sep 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all... I am a weekend hobby prospector from Western PA... I will be in Aberdeen, MD this upcoming weekend (my son is playing in a baseball tournament at Ripken fields). I am staying in Edgewood, MD for the weekend. I've read that gold can be found in Harford County, I was just wondering if anyone had any luck here? Last year, I sampled a creek called the Winters Run in a little park in southern Harford County with no luck. I was thinking about possibly trying the deer creek and rock run that winds through the Susquehanna State park... Anyone ever tried this area?

OP
OP
N

NCprospector

Tenderfoot
Sep 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
image.jpg
An hour on a stream in harford co.

Last edited:

CGGUY98

Apr 11, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good Morning,

I am new to the area and looking to get into panning/prospecting in the Harford County area. If anyone has any advice or is looking for somone to go along for the day to learn and help please let me know!

Ron

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Well, I have panned several streams with negative results. I have heard talk of gold in one stream, but i couldn't verify it. I have heard of gold found at Great Falls above DC, but in Harford Co. There is also a persistant rumor of a gold mine. Couldn't locate that either. Frank...
111-1 profile.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread