MARS Hunt Saturday Oct. 11th ?

WhiteTornado

Jun 18, 2013
Baltimore/DC area
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Cibola, Garrett Pro-pointer, Sampson T-handle Shovel, Lesche hand digger, Garrett and Gray Ghost Ultimate headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No but I'll be there the next day for the Maryland Free State Treasure Club's hunt.

WhiteTornado

Jun 18, 2013
Baltimore/DC area
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Cibola, Garrett Pro-pointer, Sampson T-handle Shovel, Lesche hand digger, Garrett and Gray Ghost Ultimate headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jeff, how did you make out last Saturday? Looked like nasty weather up until noon. The rain had all cleared out by Sunday and we had mostly sunny skies.

I did okay, got just under $2 face in the silver hunt, but didn't get much in the afternoon hunt, just a t-shirt. Didn't get anything in the various raffles. Still had a good time.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jeff, how did you make out last Saturday? Looked like nasty weather up until noon. The rain had all cleared out by Sunday and we had mostly sunny skies.

I did okay, got just under $2 face in the silver hunt, but didn't get much in the afternoon hunt, just a t-shirt. Didn't get anything in the various raffles. Still had a good time.

I didn't go to hunt. But weather was Miserable by my standards (health)
after the rain stopped the wind picked up, & I forgot to take a chair along,
So being I could not stand all day, I spent the second half of the day
sitting in the car. they need to have these in August :laughing7:

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pics my Nephew just Emailed me from his digs & Winnings.
Says it was much less then Last year

Untitled.jpg

Untitleda.jpg

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
pics my Nephew just Emailed me from his digs & Winnings.
Says it was much less then Last year

I have never done the paid hunts with so much treasure out there for free, but I would take that hunt any day for the fee's they charge..112.oo cash plus some nice silvers.. Very Nice Haul!!

And Like the Pirate ship...:skullflag:

djm of PA

Jun 11, 2010
Carsonville, PA
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac and White's Classic 4
I have never done the paid hunts with so much treasure out there for free, but I would take that hunt any day for the fee's they charge..112.oo cash plus some nice silvers.. Very Nice Haul!!

And Like the Pirate ship...:skullflag:

My take was nice, but I won the $112.00 after spending $30 in a blackjack contest. The silver eagle was also won by digging a token in one of the hunts. The big bummer was that of the 3 hunts, only one had coins that you could actually keep.
Hunt one was where most of what you see came from.
Hunt two was a claim jumper hunt where each person picked two targets and they got those two only. Then 10 lucky folks got to clean out the rest of the area, so that hunt, for most, was horrible.
Hunt three was a painted penny hunt, so while I found 48 coins, they were painted memorials as opposed to silver dimes/quarters other years. Then I turned in those 48 coins and it netted me 12 silvers. In years past, all hunts included items that were finders keepers and netted me more than double what you see here from this year. MARS always puts on a great hunt and it was fun, but the value this year wasn't there compared to the last few years and silver spot was lower this year.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
My take was nice, but I won the $112.00 after spending $30 in a blackjack contest. The silver eagle was also won by digging a token in one of the hunts. The big bummer was that of the 3 hunts, only one had coins that you could actually keep.
Hunt one was where most of what you see came from.
Hunt two was a claim jumper hunt where each person picked two targets and they got those two only. Then 10 lucky folks got to clean out the rest of the area, so that hunt, for most, was horrible.
Hunt three was a painted penny hunt, so while I found 48 coins, they were painted memorials as opposed to silver dimes/quarters other years. Then I turned in those 48 coins and it netted me 12 silvers. In years past, all hunts included items that were finders keepers and netted me more than double what you see here from this year. MARS always puts on a great hunt and it was fun, but the value this year wasn't there compared to the last few years and silver spot was lower this year.

Thanks for the report. I just joined the MARS club and was at my forth meeting last night and they were asking how the members felt about the hunt. I would like to print this up and take it in to the next meeting so they will have more info on what is needed to make a better hunt. I am thinking maybe they should have a comment sheet for hunters to mail in, email in..

djm of PA

Jun 11, 2010
Carsonville, PA
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac and White's Classic 4
OBN, replied to your PM but mine don't seem to be working properly. Please let me know that you got it.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Got it, I will print and I just asked another out of state hunter that attended... will keep you informed on that...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread