ocean city beaches

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From what I have heard it is legal. Don't look for laws saying it is legal, look for rules or laws that says it isn't legal, if you can't find any that say you can't then go detecting..

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Treasure-hunter's answer is spot-on :) There need not be a sign saying "metal detecting welcome here". No more so than you need a sign saying "frisbee flying legal here", lest you can't fly frisbees.

So the "silence" on the subject is just that: Silent. There need not be an "express allowance", in order for you to do an activity. If it's not prohibited, then ...... doh, it's not prohibited :) Naturally use due diligence not to be a nuisance in some other way. Ie: don't tromp on sensitive historic sites, etc...

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why do you feel metal detecting is somehow wrong or illegal?

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Dig all you want just stay away from the roped off dunes...and no hunting during a thunder storm (when they clear the beach)..they will lock you up for that also...

Indianametal

Feb 19, 2013
west central indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett ace250
I am glad he asked, I assumed by the amount of YouTube videos that it was ok. We are putting the finishing touches on our plans to stay at Ocean City. I am a Midwestern relic hunter heading to the beach for the first time. I am excited to finally pull some pulltabs. Any advise would be great. I don't have a scoop and am not gonna give the wife a heart attack with the price of one so DIY feed scoop to sand scoop for me and my boy (9yo). He is also wanting to freestyle the back roads on the mainland and try for some colonial coppers. We will see, not sure how I would feel about an out of state knocking on my door with a weird accent, can't expect somebody to feel friendly towards me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread