you seem to be a young man so let an old guy give you some advice

never let work interfere with fun

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome back to Tnet, nice to hear things are settled. I was brought up with "Work hard, Play hard"

OP
OP
HunterMF

HunterMF

Feb 17, 2016
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Jeff and Loco! My dad taught me the "work hard, play hard" motto. I can't wait to play some more! ��

J-CAL

Jan 9, 2017
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey HunterMF, I live in ellicott city and am new to MD. I only have about 15 hours of time under my belt. I too am looking for places that I could go to MD. I've been doing a lot of research and can't seem to find the "rules" I also am off work tomorrow. If you know of some areas to check out let me know and maybe we could link up and check it out. I haven't been on Treasure Net long, so I'm not to familiar. Send me a message or reply back here and hopefully I will see it, thanks!

rykroll

Mar 26, 2014
Annapolis, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, SeaHunter Mark 2, Ace 150
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello I am in Annapolis I'm strictly a shallow water Chesapeake bay hunter now if anyone is up for that kind of hunting let me know. Welcome all to tnet the Maryland section has been way to quiet lately!

OP
OP
HunterMF

HunterMF

Feb 17, 2016
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That sounds interesting. How well do you do with shallow water hunting? I imagine you pull a bunch of tabs and cans from the Chesapeake �� Right now I am only doing solid land because I am still new to this hobby and limited on equipment. I will definitely keep you in mind if I ever change my tactics �� I have seen a bunch of people from Maryland posting in "Today's Finds" so I guess people just stay away from this section of the forums.

rykroll

Mar 26, 2014
Annapolis, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, SeaHunter Mark 2, Ace 150
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Depending on conditions I do very well. I may never do dry land again besides the beach. Way more productive. I started on land. But seeing how well tneter OBN does every year in the bay I made the switch. Bought a mid level pi machine since I was new to the water world. I will prolly invest in a advanced machine in a year or two. First year I'm confident I payed off my machine, found 7 rings and I didn't get used to it until the last couple months of the season. Now I'm very good with it, I'm looking to double my numbers this year.

OP
OP
HunterMF

HunterMF

Feb 17, 2016
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, that's awesome! We'll see how I feel this year with the dirt digging and I may dip my toes into the water if I can get something made for the water �� Good luck this year and hope to see some awesome finds from you on the forums!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread