Looking for a buddy

hotdealdave

Dec 29, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm getting back into the hobby myself, but I live all the way in Poolesville, out in Montgomery county. I know the main thing that stinks about most of Maryland is that you generally can't hunt in parks without a permit, and in most places you can't get a permit.
See here: MetalDetecting
From what I've been reading though you might be able to purchase a permit to hunt Baltimore city parks. You're a lot closer to there than I am. Also in Howard County you might be able to get a permit to hunt parks. See here: https://library.municode.com/md/how..._TIT19REPA_SUBTITLE_2PALAOPSPNARERE_S19.205PE
Another exception is for hunting public use beaches in parks for modern coins, etc. It looks like the law requires you to get the "Park Manager's" permission first but I am not sure if that is true in practice. I hope another local detectorist might be able to chime in with their experience. Maybe we could meet up for a beach hunt by the bay sometime.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
I might suggest going to the MARS Metal Detecting Club meeting, your not far away from and I'm sure they can point you in the correct direction. I do know several hunt the Baltimore, and Baltimore county parks since AA county does not allow detecting in any of there parks. Good Luck!!

OP
OP
Willieg

Willieg

Nov 16, 2017
MARYLAND
Detector(s) used
Garrett at max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guy's. Happy New Year

littlehugger

Nov 23, 2005
I am in the Arbutus area, in SW Baltimore County, near Lansdowne, Catonsville, Halethorpe, Linthecum and not terribly far from Pasadena.
Lots of places. Personally, I think I am going to get a water detector and hunt in the rain, at night.
There is a site linked from this one that gives the laws. It seems beach detecting is pretty cool, except from May 30 thru August. Other areas often need permits but, if we go offseason, we might be able to sweet talk the Ranger.
I am retired now, but had health problems and not detecting much for years. But have recently had some big improvement physically, which makes me interested again.
Anyone in the area, who wants to communicate, PM me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread