wagon55

Tenderfoot
Mar 11, 2018
Havre de Grace, MD
Detector(s) used
Garrett A/T Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in Harford County, there are plenty of waterways to choose from. Deer Creek, Susquehanna river, etc. My question would be, are the waterways free range for MD'n? Like if I wanted to go down to the shoreline of the Susquehanna river in Havre de Grace and detect....is the water considered the city's property or the certain property owners property that runs to the shoreline, or is it all under DNR and fall under state parks and off limits? Hope this makes sense.

rykroll

Mar 26, 2014
Annapolis, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, SeaHunter Mark 2, Ace 150
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You can hunt anywhere in the water as long as you are behind the low tide line except maybe historically protected areas. It's the only hunting I do. Read about fellow detectorist OBN he is the best. His techniques, research and ways to read the beach and river bottoms will help you succeed.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
You can hunt anywhere in the water as long as you are behind the low tide line except maybe historically protected areas. It's the only hunting I do. Read about fellow detectorist OBN he is the best. His techniques, research and ways to read the beach and river bottoms will help you succeed.
Thanks Buddy! I'm not sure about the best but I do have fun.

Everything Rykroll said, the water belongs to the state, you have all rights to be there....up to the high tide line but I always stay in the water. The shore I would stay off of....stay away from any historical areas.. Always get permission to cross some one property to get to the water. Always stay in the water to hunt. State parks will have roped off areas where people swim, these areas are off limits. Once they take the ropes down, end of summer, it fair game. Navigable waters I'm sure you have the right away.......... creeks that could be different. Look up riparian water rights, Good Luck..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread