Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Jul 2017
    1 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Someone have to ask (Maryland MD's 2019)

This post is for the newbies that are still confuse after hours of hours of research to where you CAN, CANíT or/and MAY metal detect. Iíve seen so many posts in this forum with great finds. Without getting in the discussion of specific places, such as State Parks, County Parks, State Forest, DNR, etc. Where do you guys metal detect, do not tell me everyone is hunting ONLY in Private Land! I think people should share their experience, Iím not talking about telling the location of your jackpot, Iím talking about where are YOU hunting, most important what kind of LAND it is. To clarify, Iím just trying to resist to the fact the LAWS, REGULATIONS, RANGERS, OTHER PEOPLE are just making this lovely Hobby harder every day. Finally, before you criticize my thoughts remember when you started this hobby and compare to where this hobby is taking us now. Just like when they say it does not hurt to ask, have you ever ASKED permission to metal detect in a City park?

OBN
    us
    Dec 2008
    Mid-Atlantic Waters
    Excalibur
    5104 times
    Gold rings..27..Misc/gold 4...Silver/Sterling 85..FTY
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    I hunt the water only, reason. AA County "where I live" it's SOB to detect any where and that includes the land to "cross" to the water. I would recommend visiting a Metal detecting club in your area. Every county is different. The permits forums to hunt Baltimore county parks can be obtained at the MARS metal detecting club along with other information that can help.

Maryland Artifact Recovery Society

PG County I see is where you live. Not good, other then I did a few schools when I lived In PGC. Just not sure how safe it is anymore. A few places I hunted, William Wirt, then there was Laurel town park. That was several years ago..2007

Good Luck..

Effort is Important, But knowing where, can make all the difference!

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links