Ellicott City and Annapolis

mtbiker

Aug 24, 2006
VA
Detector(s) used
White's XLT & White's PI
Never tried those areas! Heard AA county is pretty tough on detectors - can't do it in parks! Not sure about Howard county. I'm in Balto County and pretty much stick to parks & schools. How 'bout you? You have any luck in those areas?? HH!!!

OP
OP
DZNZ

DZNZ

May 14, 2008
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Silver UMax
mtbiker said:
Never tried those areas! Heard AA county is pretty tough on detectors - can't do it in parks! Not sure about Howard county. I'm in Balto County and pretty much stick to parks & schools. How 'bout you? You have any luck in those areas?? HH!!!

Really? Man, I will have to keep it on the down low. I will find a way. I am located in Annapolis. I am aiming for Parole Camp in Annapolis right now. I just have to find good ground amongst the parking lots. I should be able to get out there in the next three weeks (when my MD unit arrives).

What parks and schools seem to be safe in Balto County? Man, I was also keeping an eye on Patapsco . . .ever tried there?

DZNZ

Bartman

Apr 9, 2008
Baltimore/Cambridge, MD
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2, ACE 250
Ellicott City should have great potential if you can get permission. Lot of history there. I live in downtown Bmore and would like to get out there sometime, perhaps Patapsco as well.

OP
OP
DZNZ

DZNZ

May 14, 2008
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Silver UMax
I scoped out Patapsco today. Amazing, man. There was a whole town here at one time. I went to the on-site museum/information booth and was astounded to find NO artifacts there--just pics of the town.

I walked around and found where the Brits came up the river to surrender. There is a 2 or 2 and a half mile stretch that is concealed from onlookers (including DNR).

Very enticing to say the least.

DZNZ

mtbiker

Aug 24, 2006
VA
Detector(s) used
White's XLT & White's PI
DZNZ said:
mtbiker said:

Really? Man, I will have to keep it on the down low. I will find a way. I am located in Annapolis. I am aiming for Parole Camp in Annapolis right now. I just have to find good ground amongst the parking lots. I should be able to get out there in the next three weeks (when my MD unit arrives).

What parks and schools seem to be safe in Balto County? Man, I was also keeping an eye on Patapsco . . .ever tried there?

DZNZ

Call Balto County Parks & Rec and you'll be able to get a permit (no charge!) to detect some of the parks. They'll let you know which ones you can do. Safe parks/schools - just stay away from the city line. Anything in Parkville, Perry Hall, Loch Raven, Carney...that area, you'll be fine. Never tried Patapsco. I know some of the state parks w/beaches/lakes you can, but only after the season. Check w/DNR for that. I've had great success w/emailing them. Good luck!! Keep us informed of your finds!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread