Oct 12, 2006
Herndon Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, EX II, & Musketeer, White's Classic
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Re: any Montgomery County MD'ers?

Peter,

I'm in VA, close to Dulles airport. I'm not that far from you. Do you have a place to hunt (with permission)?

DCMatt

OP
OP
PeterInMD

PeterInMD

Aug 3, 2005
North Potomac, Maryland

Hi Matt, yes you are close. I don't yet, but there are some abandoned houses along a nearby road. I've also been thinking about hitting the streams in the surrounding area. Have you ever hunted streams?

DCMatt

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2006
Herndon Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, EX II, & Musketeer, White's Classic
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Peter,

Any idea how old the houses are or who owns the property? PM me with some specifics and I'll try to check it out on some old topo maps.

Never hunted streams but have read a lot of postings about interesting finds in and around them. It just depends on what kind of traffic was in the area over the years. If you can find the old roads where they forded the streams, it could be a good place.

DCMatt

kool361

Nov 19, 2008
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Tracker IV

Just wanted to know what kind of luck you had with the streams. I live in Germantown and have been studying some of the old topo maps. It's hard to find good historical places to hunt that aren't gov' property.

detectinator

May 2, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure if anyone is still checking this thread... but i'm new to metal detecting and in the Rockville area. I'm wondering if anyone is looking to go hunting sometime?

Eric

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions