Detecting at Cape Cod

John (Ma)

Silver Member
Jul 12, 2007
Western Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000, Tesoro Silver Umax, Tiger Shark and Whites MXT.
I went to Massachusett's Cape Cod last week to find that most of the big beaches were only open 9AM -9PM and pay parking. Is this common along the Cape? This was frustrating, as I rolled in late one night and then rose early the next morning to find a beach to hunt, just to meet the bars across the parking lots and times of use. I hit 4 beaches that morning and the only one without the blocked parking lot, required a parking permit.

Maybe it is common and I have to expect it and detect while others are scattered out on the beach? The Cape is to big to drive to every beach, so any input would be great. Do I have to work with the time frames and paid parking or is there other options? Thanks :)-D

Thor!

Aug 30, 2005
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
1280X & Sovereign
Yep, most if not all lots are pay or private However most pay lots don't charge after 5 pm. I live on the cape haven't done much (any) detecting this year. I try to find the obscure small beaches as they don't get hit as hard as the bigger well known spots.

OP
OP
John (Ma)

John (Ma)

Silver Member
Jul 12, 2007
Western Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000, Tesoro Silver Umax, Tiger Shark and Whites MXT.
Thanks for the reply. After the season, do they open these gates to allow people to still utilize the beach? OR do they close them up and your expected to stay away? :occasion14:

Thor!

Aug 30, 2005
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
1280X & Sovereign
Where I live (upper cape IE. Falmouth, Mashpee area ) they are open in the off season. I believe they stop manning the gates after Memorial day weekend. Feel free to contact me and I'll check it out for you before you make the trek down.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread