Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
Do you guys have any good spots?
I would be happy to show you the basics if you can take me to some good spots..

Blaze..

garrettman64

Nov 8, 2006
mass
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 pro & Whites Classic SL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_thumright: I sometimes hunt the beaches but there getting hunted out and to many persons up there with MD I need to find a spot noones ever been to
;D

jesse4163

Tenderfoot
May 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
rudymickey said:
new at this was wondering if anybody has any good ideas where to start. Thank-You

I started in my yard then my neighborhood if that helps

Debbiegirl13170

Tenderfoot
Apr 15, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Same Problem here....

looking for some myself, south shore or cape cod. New to the forum and detecting.

Im new to this hobby as well and seem to be from the same area as you both (eastern mass.....south of boston). I forgot to check the date of your posting. I am probably replying to a post from 10 years ago ha ha ha well, if anyone has found a place that is good for treasure hunting please post, it'd be much appreciated : )

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Nah just 5 years old lol:laughing7: Pick up the book" The WPA guide to Massachusetts" The writers project administration.Good book,very informative.During the great depression the gov. sent all the out of work writers to every town,city and state to write about the states legends,folklore,stories,history,virtually any thing to do with that state.

Debbiegirl13170

Tenderfoot
Apr 15, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
only 1 month behind this time lol

Nah just 5 years old lol:laughing7: Pick up the book" The WPA guide to Massachusetts" The writers project administration.Good book,very informative.During the great depression the gov. sent all the out of work writers to every town,city and state to write about the states legends,folklore,stories,history,virtually any thing to do with that state.

oh wow! only 5 years? well not too bad then huh? lol Well this time I'm only about a month behind so i am getting much better : ) Thank you so much for the info : ) sounds like an informative book. I was thinking of checking out Blue Hills, maybe Houghton's Pond area as well as some trails? Have you ever scanned there?

Debbiegirl13170

Tenderfoot
Apr 15, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
only 1 month behind this time lol

JUST AN UPDATE....I JUST ORDERED THE BOOK YOU SUGGESTED, IT SHOULD BE DELIVERED TO ME BY MID OF NEXT WEEK. ILL LET YOU KNOW IF IT HELPED ETC... THANKS FOR THE ADVICE : )

Last edited:

buckster3257

Greenie
Feb 19, 2015
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro, Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey there! I have a house in canton, mass and I have hunted the blue hills area once without much luck but I wasn't metal detecting as much as I was exploring. However there used to be an old trading post somewhere around that area where I have heard people have found old coins and such. I am not exactly sure where but I will try and find out the location and let you know. Have you had much luck anywhere around this area?

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi; I live in Medford, MA. Anyone want to go digging?? I have several good spots open from Septembers end to the next April when the fields are harvested and plowed. I also have good spots during the warm weather as well ok. I can't drive due to a bad back but I can chip in for gas & stuff. I have 48 years In Field. I know a LOT of places ok.
If so send me a PM or call me at 857 - 261 - 0645. You can call up to 9:30pm. I look forward to hearing from you. PEACE:RONB

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
thinking of hitting the beaches there next spring
anyone up on the current laws?
may be plymouth