Got permission to hunt some OLD 1700s era property in Worcester Co.

Gimmie The Loot

Bronze Member
May 11, 2010
Driftwood, TX
Detector(s) used
etrac, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

dicejr2011

May 8, 2012
I don't know about others experience but I've always gotten buckles in the high penny range. I don't live far from Worcester if you want to hunt let me know I would be glad to meet with you.

BlackX

Oct 7, 2006
Shenandoah Valley
Detector(s) used
Explorer / Sovereign / Sidewinder
MA had silver coins minted that were post-dated to 1652 and later, after the Rev. War, also had half-pence made. Most buckles will be copper so will ring in near your normal copper range. Unless you're lucky enough to find a silver buckle. :D Good luck!

(One ref is The Massachusetts Bay Mint Act of May 26, 1652) There's a lot of info out there if you search for it.

_Rich_

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
MA had silver coins minted that were post-dated to 1652 and later, after the Rev. War, also had half-pence made. Most buckles will be copper so will ring in near your normal copper range. Unless you're lucky enough to find a silver buckle. :D Good luck!

(One ref is The Massachusetts Bay Mint Act of May 26, 1652) There's a lot of info out there if you search for it.

_Rich_
I like your personal signature,Jumped out of the water long ago,God Bless and be Safe Chris

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread