Does anybody go...

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
I have but theres not to big of an area.Its an old indian trail that runs along the river.I've found a few things,Oxen shoes,a couple of silver dollars.I've always wanted to go when the river is low but that isnt often and the timing is never right.Theres some more woods right up the street but it changed to conservation land.It use to be a ww2 ammo dump.2500 acres,a few old houses from the early 1700s,but they were torn down by the army.One was an old salt box built in 1720.One from the mid 1600s.It was a farm and then later a tavern and stagecoach stop.Yup you never know what you'll find with almost 400 years of history around.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
You got that right!! Found some COOL OLD stuff wandering through the woods. Heres a few. God Bless Chris

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    43.8 KB · Views: 116
  • K640_004.JPG
    K640_004.JPG
    19.9 KB · Views: 123
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice finds there WT:icon_thumleft:You have to be careful in some spots though.Before the area that i mentioned was conservation land i detected a little bit.I was walking through waist high grass and almost went into a old well that wasnt covered.I did find a couple of things.Broken china laying on the ground in the middle of nowhere,a brass match safe.I couldnt quit pinpoint the house locations even from the maps i had from the 1800s.The army did a good job of destroying everything.I was on foot so covering 2500 acres was a bit much.Theres also a pond that was an officers swimming hole,not much there except a few ww2 era pennies.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice finds there WT:icon_thumleft:You have to be careful in some spots though.Before the area that i mentioned was conservation land i detected a little bit.I was walking through waist high grass and almost went into a old well that wasnt covered.I did find a couple of things.Broken china laying on the ground in the middle of nowhere,a brass match safe.I couldnt quit pinpoint the house locations even from the maps i had from the 1800s.The army did a good job of destroying everything.I was on foot so covering 2500 acres was a bit much.Theres also a pond that was an officers swimming hole,not much there except a few ww2 era pennies.
Woods hunted all through the winter last year,to bad the snow fell so many trees last Oct. lost a LOT of good ground,recon there is not much chance of a repeat this winter,sigh!!!

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Thats too bad.Get the ole chain saw out lol.I'm in central Ma myself how far in western Ma are you?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread