Dec 29, 2013
Cape Cod MA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

ducketz

Jul 28, 2012
Hi all!:hello: I am looking for some spots to hunt on the upper cape. Beaches, ponds, anything really. I am super new to this and would love any insight. Btw I know don't go to the National Seashore lol. Too far for me anyways! :laughing7:

Hello and welcome!!!! I am also from CC and hunt all over this island . There are plenty of places to md . If you are new to this hobby I would start at the local ball field or school to get an idea of what sounds and or Id different metals . But due to the winter I would start at the beach in the sand easy digging. There is a group of 2-3 of us that try to get together Once a week in the mid cape area. What are you detecting with ? If I can be any help or you are interested in meeting up for a hunt let us know. Good luck and happy digging:)

OP
OP
USCGWifey

USCGWifey

Greenie
Dec 29, 2013
Cape Cod MA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks! Right now I'm trying to get permission to hunt around the old barracks on Otis. I love on base so there is a possibility. I just have a starter MD a bounty hunter tracker IV. It gets the job done. I've found 2 old foreign coins and some WWII casings in my front yard. Are all beaches open to hunt (minus the national seashore)? I really want to do a beach in Falmouth. I went on to their town page and didn't see anything saying it was banned. Just don't want to get into trouble. If y'all ever hunt on the upper cape I'd love to join in! It would be insightful hunting with other people!

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe you can hunt all town public beaches on the Cape without first getting permission. Just go over there and do it. Your BH won't be very useful in the wet sand areas, but it will do fine in the dry sand. Good luck and have fun!!

Thor!

Aug 30, 2005
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
1280X & Sovereign
There is a town beach just outside the Falmouth gate. Turn left and continue a mile or so (very windy road) to mashpee town beach on John's pond. Good luck! :)

OP
OP
USCGWifey

USCGWifey

Greenie
Dec 29, 2013
Cape Cod MA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks I know where that is.

skenney

Greenie
May 29, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro sand shark.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Sandwich town beach should be a good spot also.. I used to scuba along the canal jetty .. Lots of people in the summer as there is a bar/ restaurant right there.. I can't remember the name but it's right where the canal comes into cape bay cant miss it :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread