gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yah, Coily alerted me to it and I signed and forwarded it to some MA hunting buddies. I do hunt there every year and although I am in N.Y. I could never not support those in other states.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

JackInFlorida

Feb 28, 2007
Leesburg, FL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 - Whites PI Pro, Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I signed it, even though going to that web site probably put us all on a watch list . . .

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
I signed it, even though going to that web site probably put us all on a watch list

Ever buy a cup of coffee with cash buddy?If so youre already on a watch list.

JackInFlorida

Feb 28, 2007
Leesburg, FL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 - Whites PI Pro, Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just wanted to post this letter I found on another site.

Date:05/06/2014 12:25 PM (GMT-05:00)
Subject: Promising talk with DCR official!

First I want to thank you all again for signing the petition to stop a ban on metal detecting on Massachusetts State beaches.

I just had a lengthy discussion with a DCR official regarding our concern and he was very supportive. He will be meeting with the DCR Commissioner to discuss the situation and will let me know how that meeting goes. He informed me that he did not think it was their intention to take away this recreation from us and they were simply trying to promulgate some new rules to reflect the merger that took place a few years back and to bring the Regulations up to date (I'm paraphrasing).

He metioned that they have receive lots of phonecalls and emails on this, it got their attention and they are very concerned. I asked if it would be safe to continue detecting the DCR beaches and he said it was and that beach detecting can continue while we figure this out (I hope the Rangers get the memo).

He stated he would probably know more in a week or two.

my discussion with him was very positive and upbeat and he had numerous question regarding what we do and how we do it.

I forwarded him some of the trash pictures that were sent to me for him to look at and to share with the Commissioner.

The outlook is a good one I think and I will update you all as soon as i have more to share.

Again, I will update you when I have more info.

Thank you all for the support!

Roger Barbrick

bowser

Feb 27, 2007
SOUTH WEYMOUTH MA.
Detector(s) used
PRISM11 MXT IDX PRO TESORO COMPARDRE T2 se
Primary Interest:
Other
I was at nantasket beach the very day this was supposed to take effect, iwas there several days after and no-one bothered me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread