gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Make sure you visit the Bunker Hill Memorial in Beantown, an important part of our history. On Martha's Vinyard the parks have been pretty well scoured for years, and there are many local hunters there. Most of the land is private, but there are many beaches open for hunting with easy access. South Beach, Bend in the Road beach, the Inkwell in Oak bluffs are all easy access public beaches, just ask the locals where they are.

OP
OP
basque-man

basque-man

Silver Member
Sep 26, 2014
W. Nevada / N. CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus; Minelab E-Trac; Son (Wyatt) uses XP Deus!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks again for all the info folks!!!!! Figured we would check in with some of the MD'ing shops and ask them for the spots to try and the ones to avoid!!

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh yeah, when you go to Menemsha on the Vinyard stop in at my buddy's shop Copperworks of Martha's Vinyard. He is a fantastic copper worker and craftsman and you can also see the sterling and gold jewelry I make as he is the exclusive dealer for my work. The huge park by the ferry dock in OB looks like a dream, but it was totally bulldozed and landscaped about 20 years ago so there are no old coins or anything else old to be found there. Before the renovation over a hundred barber coins had been found there. You may find a few pennies in the other OB parks but they have been well pounded for years, but one never knows, I did manage to eke out a silver thimble last fall at one of the small OB parks. Hunting in the "Campgrounds" in OB is off limits as it's all private property although locals do go in there off-season. Good luck out there it is a beautiful place although crowded in the summer. By the way my buddy Scott who owns the Copperworks is also a charter boat captain out of Menemsha if you're looking to go fishing. If you want to go charter fishing out of Edgartown, Capt. Robbie Coad is the best there.

Last edited:
OP
OP
basque-man

basque-man

Silver Member
Sep 26, 2014
W. Nevada / N. CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus; Minelab E-Trac; Son (Wyatt) uses XP Deus!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Two more weeks and counting!!!!!!!!!!!Wooooo----Hoooooooooooo! Have a lot of spots picked out on the Island to check out. Plan on hitting the metal detector shop near Waltham on day two!!!

Looks like the first day there the wife has us driving them up to Plymouth. Has to be an old park that's not state property near by!!!!

Have you fellas or galls had much luck with knocking on doors?

bolle

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread