Mass trip in late July!!!!!!

basque-man

Silver Member
Sep 26, 2014
W. Nevada / N. CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus; Minelab E-Trac; Son (Wyatt) uses XP Deus!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello folks,

The family and I have a trip planned late in July into early August. The wife has three (3) days planned in Boston and seven (7) days on Martha's Vineyard. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. My son and I will be heading off into the woods or looking for any type of old areas south of Boston when were out that way. Figured I would ask now so I can start my research and looking at old maps and photos. Thank you much for any ideas of suggestions. If anyone is in these areas and would like to meet up would be great as well!!! Lunch would be on us!!!!!:icon_thumleft:

Mike and Wyatt!!!!!

Beepbeep13

Mar 15, 2014
MA, South Shore
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Thanks Big Boy Hobbies) Makro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How far south of Boston? You guys will have a blast in this city 👍

OP
OP
basque-man

basque-man

Silver Member
Sep 26, 2014
W. Nevada / N. CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not to sure. The wife is the planner. I just grab my machine and disappear!!! I think she has us 8-10 miles south of Boston. Let ya know as soon as I find out!!

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you've never been to Fenway Park, catch a game if you can. By the looks of their pitching staff, the Sox will be out of it by the time your vacation arrives, great seats will be available. If I still lived in Plymouth, you would be buying me lunch.:BangHead: Wish I was up there hunting with you..enjoy!

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
catch a game if you can

Dont waste your money:laughing9:

TMR reports that the Red Sox have the highest prices in MLB in terms of average ticket price ($52.34), parking ($35), cap price ($25), and beer ($7.75).

OP
OP
basque-man

basque-man

Silver Member
Sep 26, 2014
W. Nevada / N. CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So where would you all recommend staying? Walthum or Braintree?

Beepbeep13

Mar 15, 2014
MA, South Shore
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Braintree, it's closer the coast and things to do, from Braintree you could shoot to Boston or Plymouth, or the Cape ect

OP
OP
basque-man

basque-man

Silver Member
Sep 26, 2014
W. Nevada / N. CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks!!!! I'll let the wife know where to get our rooms!!!!! She had found one where there was a large forest walking distance from the rooms. I know my son would like to check out the old navy yards as would I. Not sure I can look "up" and not stare at the ground while walking around. Thought about going to a game; but the prices were a bit much.......Rather find a largie than spend it!!!

Beepbeep13

Mar 15, 2014
MA, South Shore
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was the room with the forest near by in Braintree?

OP
OP
basque-man

basque-man

Silver Member
Sep 26, 2014
W. Nevada / N. CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes. She said it is just on the other side of the freeway.

Rhode Hog

Jun 22, 2010
🥇 Banner finds
Yes. She said it is just on the other side of the freeway.
I think i know the area in Braintree Ma. your planning to detect it's called the Blue Hill Reservation ,and detecting is not allowed .Also there are no freeways in Massachusetts nothing is free in Taxachusetts,if you do go into the Blue Hills beware it's the only place in eastern Massachusetts with rattlesnakes and copperheads.

OP
OP
basque-man

basque-man

Silver Member
Sep 26, 2014
W. Nevada / N. CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh, that's great!! We have rattlesnakes here as well but I DON'T DO SNAKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Kinda been looking at the "Can's and Can'ts" around your area. Man, I feel for you all; I see a lot of cant's!!!!! Looks like were going to have to try our luck at the local parks I guess, till we get the the island. Looks like the son and I will drive south from Braintree..............

Rhode Hog

Jun 22, 2010
🥇 Banner finds
Try looking on the geocaching web site,most geocaches are on public land and often they give info on the area where the cache is hidden.Also check area towns for the location of the town forest.GOOD LUCK

OP
OP
basque-man

basque-man

Silver Member
Sep 26, 2014
W. Nevada / N. CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you all for the info. I like to knock on doors so we might just try the permission thing!!! Here's another question I hope no one takes the wrong way. As a LEO, sometimes (Most) I carry my off duty weapon with me. Would you recommend it, or should we be good to go? We normally vacation in south Jersey with the wife's family and I'm always carrying down that way. I don't know anything about the areas we plan on staying in near Boston. Not to worried about Martha's Vineyard though.

OP
OP
basque-man

basque-man

Silver Member
Sep 26, 2014
W. Nevada / N. CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great. Thanks for the info!!!!

Beepbeep13

Mar 15, 2014
MA, South Shore
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recommend you take Jr to metaldetectors.com, a new metal detecting shop in Rockland, MA

It's just a few towns over from Braintree!

OP
OP
basque-man

basque-man

Silver Member
Sep 26, 2014
W. Nevada / N. CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok; the wife has us staying in Waltham for three days! Looks like there are plenty of parks around to hit!!! Going to Salem day one though. Guess i'll find a park on the way there and have the wife drop us off!!! I can't wait. Of course learning that state property is off limits is a downer for the Vineyard. Looks like Oak Bluffs has some neat old parks and walking trails we can hit. Thank again everyone for your input........Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread