Hunting on Marthas Vineyard or around Blue hills?

buckster3257

Greenie
Feb 19, 2015
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro, Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hunting on Martha's Vineyard or around Blue hills?

Looking for any info for good hunting spots around canton Massachusetts and around the blue hills area. Also wondering if anyone knows of any good spots on Martha's Vineyard. Any info would be a great help, thanks!

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most all beaches on the Vineyard are open to detecting if you can get legal access, many are public and open to detecting. The Island has a lot of hunters and pretty much all public parks, schools and churches have been hunted for over 40 years. Most of the remaining good sites are private property and require permission.

Silvermonkey

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2013
Eastern Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've never hunted down around the Blue Hills, but its a huge area with hundreds of acres to explore. I think if you were to do some basic research, you probably could zero in on some spots to try. I'm a fan of the Digital Public Library of America: http://dp.la/; and the historic aerial website: NETR Online ? Historic Aerials.

Good luck and let us know how you make out. HH.

Rhode Hog

Jun 22, 2010
🥇 Banner finds
Unless things have changed the blue hills are of limits ,any patch of woods or fields will hold coins in the Canton area.Stop by metaldetectors.com in Rockland the owner is a great guy and there is always someone there to help out a new detectorist.

OP
OP
B

buckster3257

Greenie
Feb 19, 2015
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro, Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
thank you for all the great replies ill look into all of this!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread