Jangers

Tenderfoot
Mar 1, 2017
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
TreasurePRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It looks to me like not a lot of people read this particular section but I'm going to try this here anyway. I'm fairly new to this hobby. I started to get into it a couple of years ago and then never really pursued it. I came across my detector the other day and thought why not give this a shot again. I've been hitting up some local parks in the Worcester area and I've been making out ok with clad and the like. In the mean time I've been doing some research and I've found a couple of spots that I think have some serious potential. The first is a confirmed tavern that was built in the early 1800's and is now the site of a modern medical facility. I have permission to detect this property already. As far as I can tell no one has requested permission to detect this site as far back as 1970. So I think there is some real potential. The second spot is a bit more fun. It's the focus of a local legend dating back to before the actual founding of Worcester. I have a general idea of where to start looking but this one could take a while to find, if it exists at all. I'm looking to share these sites with an experienced local detectorist. I want to make sure that if these spots aren't panning out then it's not because of my lack of experience. If anyone is interested in meeting up then send me a pm and I will share my research.

Jim in MA

Apr 21, 2011
Detector(s) used
Excal with Wot, Infinium LS , CZ7a PRO
No, but it looks promising, if it has not been disturbed.

OP
OP
J

Jangers

Tenderfoot
Mar 1, 2017
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
TreasurePRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you from the worcester area? Let me know if you'd like to try to find this some day.

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It looks to me like not a lot of people read this particular section but I'm going to try this here anyway. I'm fairly new to this hobby. I started to get into it a couple of years ago and then never really pursued it. I came across my detector the other day and thought why not give this a shot again. I've been hitting up some local parks in the Worcester area and I've been making out ok with clad and the like. In the mean time I've been doing some research and I've found a couple of spots that I think have some serious potential. The first is a confirmed tavern that was built in the early 1800's and is now the site of a modern medical facility. I have permission to detect this property already. As far as I can tell no one has requested permission to detect this site as far back as 1970. So I think there is some real potential. The second spot is a bit more fun. It's the focus of a local legend dating back to before the actual founding of Worcester. I have a general idea of where to start looking but this one could take a while to find, if it exists at all. I'm looking to share these sites with an experienced local detectorist. I want to make sure that if these spots aren't panning out then it's not because of my lack of experience. If anyone is interested in meeting up then send me a pm and I will share my research.

Welcome aboard. try finding this park could produce??

Worcester, Mass - Places of the Past, Pinehurst Park

Hey Jangers, looks like you are running into the "not much activity" in the Mass section as well. I am a bit East Worcester and put up a post looking to see if anyone was still detecting in Mass. Lots of views and lil replies. Send me a PM if you want. I am not a pro but looking to get out, do some detecting and have some fun.

Not sure where Jim in MA is from but that story sounded enticing.... A long lost park? Hmmmmm!

Silvermonkey

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2013
Eastern Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice to see that there are some fellow Mass detectorists out there! I'm in the eastern part of the state, but would be interested in comparing notes or getting together to do some digging. I've had very good success with the Garrett AT-Pro over the course of the past four years, but am considering upgrading to the XP Deus. I'd love spend an afternoon hunting with someone familiar with that machine. Chime in if you have some interest or PM me. HH.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I used to live on Roxbury St, .....if I knew then what I know now, there wouldn't be any permissions left for any newbie....
But, I missed out.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello Jeff,

Just saying Hi from southeastern MA.

Doc

s1222l

Apr 28, 2016
Central Mass
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 9" & 11" / Teknetics T2 Classic / Tesoro Vaquero / DetectorPro Pirate Pro
Garrett Propointer AT / Deteknix XPointer / Vance Muffs / Deteknix HD Muffs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
South central Mass here. I'm not very far from the Auburn / Worc line, maybe 25min. My guess would be the area is heavily developed by now but, its worth a look.

Last edited:

Dicejr1967

May 22, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pinehurst Park is now a residential neighborhood. Did some poking around but never found anything too old there.

Shane508

Sep 19, 2017
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm new to MD from Charlton. I've found a couple decent places but no real good finds yet. If anyone in the Worcester area wants to recommend a good spot or would like to have a MD partner, let me know.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions