Cape Cod hunting - Historic sites / beaches

bradgny

Dec 6, 2007
cape cod Ma.
Detector(s) used
XLT
i LIVE IN PLYMOUTH BUT ALWAYS LOOKING FOR SOMEONE TO GO WITH .GIVE ME A REPLY IF YOU FEEL LIKE HITTIN THE BEACHES SOMETIME .

OP
OP
SilverSleuth

SilverSleuth

Oct 5, 2007
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm on the upper cape. I'll be hunting alot in the near future (weather permitting). There are some very old home lots here I want to check out. If you want to hit the beach up there or down here let me know when you'll be out.

Jim

scrapdoggie

Nov 23, 2007
Deland Florida
Detector(s) used
Ace250 Pro-Kellyco
hey all!.I would like to hunt together also.I want to go to the beach since the grounds frozen here in franklin.I tried Silver beach in west falmouth for about 30 minutes yesterday....no hits and under dressed so i went home.I havent any experience really but i noticed where the ocean waves dump a line of trash and seeweed and rocks across the entire beach and i was wondering if this is where you would go detect or am i missing the key spots of the beaches.I more or less understand that i should try everything i can but if theres a certain order of things or any specifics that you go by i would like to know also.sadly enough im still using a bounty hunter fun finder(walmart kiddie special).I will be ordering my Ace 250 next week with all the dings and whistles but that sounds like an eternity atm.I am willing to travel just about anywhere around the cape i guess.This is more or less educational for me to detect with others who have better detectors and knowledge of the hobby.before i purchase my Ace 250 i would like to see and watch what others feel good about using.And other rookies may want to come along also.my email is [email protected] .my name is Mike.

OP
OP
SilverSleuth

SilverSleuth

Oct 5, 2007
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Mike,

Are we on for tomorrow? I know where there is some great dirt to dig for clad and probably some old silver. I think that'd be more rewarding than the beach. Just as long as the ground isn't frozen. It was not thawed enough today. Otherwise - beach.

scrapdoggie

Nov 23, 2007
Deland Florida
Detector(s) used
Ace250 Pro-Kellyco
Hey,,,grounds frozen here too.But it looks like its getting warmer all week.I dont know if tomorrow will be warm enough to actually dig but by monday its going to be easy diggin...ill keep you posted.

scrapdoggie

Nov 23, 2007
Deland Florida
Detector(s) used
Ace250 Pro-Kellyco
Hey DSW08 thanks for the invite but wifey isnt feeling very good and asked me to stay a lil closer to home today.Im going to head back to a local park near my home this afternoon for a couple hours.It should be diggin weather today up in the hi 40's....good luck with your new spot i hope you find gold!,,,,Im going to find something i just know it.the farther back into this park i ventured the older the coins got...weird eh.my last coin was a 1965 washington quarter before i had to leave and all the coins i found were on the right hand side of a blacktop sidewalk that spans from front to rear of park,1 playground,baseball field,alot of untouched woods surrounding the park also.ill give it a shot and hopefully find something worth cleaning.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread