Cape Cod

TidePool

Nov 14, 2007
Upstate NY
Hey all-

Back in the mid 70's my folks & I used to vacation on the cape during the summer. When I was about 5 dad got me a metal detector and we hit the dunes and there was an old railroad track that we worked. I fond some spikes and a few old coins. Fast forward 30 years and now my 6 year old son wants to get a detector after seeing National Treasure on TV a few weeks ago. The family left New England when I was 15 and went to Florida, now I'm in Upstate NY and I would like to take my son back to where I first learned. My questions for folks who are still on the Cape-

Is detecting still allowed?
Any ideas where an abandoned railroad would have been / still is?
We used to stay in Provincetown, and I remember it was at the top of some huge dunes (at least they seemed huge to a 5 year old)

Thanks for any help!

bradgny

Dec 6, 2007
cape cod Ma.
Detector(s) used
XLT
Yes detecting is still allowed except for thr national seashore which is from basicly from the elbow up on the east side of cape. other than that the beaches are still open for detecting .whenever your thinking of coming down maybe we can hit a few together .i moved here from upstae n.y .myself.Its a great area up there and miss the old history and relics up there .Good luck with your hunts

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread