Any spots in or near Hingham?

capt. sparrow

Jan 23, 2007
North Shore Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm II
I am headed down to the in-laws for Easter and was wondering if anyone knew of anyplace in or around Hingham to hunt for an hour of two. I think there is an old ammunution station there but I might have the kids so that might be sketchy. Thinking more along the lines of cellar holes. Don't have alot of time for research so I thought I'd ask.

Green1

Silver Member
Mar 20, 2006
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Mxt 6x10 coil Massachusetts
rats.. i wish i had seen this earlier... i have 2 hingham sites, 1 is huge, and has given up large cents.. no silver yet, but the place was dry as a bone when i was there... i live in the next town over... shoot me a pm, if ya can get back down anytime..

all the best.. rick....

hybrid_XLT

Jun 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello Capt Sparrow & Green1...I've been to that old ammo dump a few times...it is now named "Bare Cove park"..you can only drive so far inside there..alot of walking trails...about a mouth ago i was there for a few hours and they were moving alot of dirt around up where the Marines were housed back during WW2.

Attachments

• 052807a0019.JPG=600.jpg
    052807a0019.JPG=600.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 466
  • 080509a0041.JPG
    080509a0041.JPG
    92.1 KB · Views: 500

Green1

Silver Member
Mar 20, 2006
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Mxt 6x10 coil Massachusetts
if ya want someone to hit it with, let me know.. i can show you the spot i was talking about too ..it's not far from bare cove at ill... i'm living back in hull for now, i make it out almost everyday... except this weekend...

hybrid_XLT

Jun 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Rick ? (Hope i got your name right) I work nights and have wed & thur off..hows thur morning sound to you? I can meet you at the entrance of Bare Cove Park...don't know if you wanted to hunt there..place is like a maze and the two or three times i went there, i did not find much...LMK.. Robert

hybrid_XLT

Jun 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Rick, whats a good time for you on thursday morning? i can be there at 7 AM

Ollieboy

Nov 3, 2006
America's home town
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes Tiger Shark w/clean sweep
I realize its a little late but better late than never. Im form Plymouth and id love to hunt that site. E-mail me any time.
Ollieboy/ George

jemakat

Greenie
Jul 6, 2010
Western Essex County, NJ
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
I will be in Hingham for the next several days. Any suggestions on where to hunt? According to the rules for Bear Cove Park, metal detecting is not permitted. Was thinking of going to Nantasket beach.

Killean

Greenie
Jan 15, 2011
rats.. i wish i had seen this earlier... i have 2 hingham sites, 1 is huge, and has given up large cents.. no silver yet, but the place was dry as a bone when i was there... i live in the next town over... shoot me a pm, if ya can get back down anytime..

all the best.. rick....

I live in Hull and grew up in Hingham. I would love to know where these sites are so I can give it a try. I don't have any large cents yet and would love add a few to my collection. Any help on where to hunt around this area would be much appreciated. Good luck!

Don Chiasson

Jun 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

No metal detecting allowed at Bare Cove Park in Hingham, MA...I got kicked out the first time I went there!

Be careful guys!

Don Chiasson

Don Chiasson

Jun 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Try the other side of the Weymouth Back River " Great Esker Park" . We went there after being told Not to detect at Bare Cove Park..

Good luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread