QUICK START A CAMPFIRE WITHOUT CHEMICALS, LIGHTER FLUID OR MATCHES

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TN gizmo, you posted -->you can start a fire with the reflector from a flashlight. Just place the tinder where the bulb would go and point it toward the sun. (
Overseas in WW-2, many used this tech to light cigarettes. Just put the 'tip' of the cigarette at the focal point, the hot spot.

However for just starting fires, a simple mechanical - non electric, pizo effect ok - propane lighter will work for a couple of years with normal care. probably the simplest and best fire starter available. Works day or night, rain or shine.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Centar

Aug 4, 2013
Newfoundland Canada
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Teknetics Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always been interested in new ways to start a fire and the coolest I have ever seen was (on youtube, link below) using a chocolate bar and a soft drink can...
Turns out that chocolate makes a good aluminum polish, so you use the bar wrapper with some chocolate on it to polish the bottom convex surface of the can to a mirror finish (5 to 10 mins is enough) and that use it like a magnifying glass except it reflects to a focus in front of it when directed towards the sun.

goldnrelics

Apr 1, 2013
Northern Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortés, Tejón, Cibola, Cutlass II, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Killer Bee's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That's great info. I will have to use that trick the next time i get lost in the woods overnight. =P

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
^haha^

I like glycerin & potassium permanganate myself as a quick method and almost a "party trick". My favorite method is still my Swedish FireSteel though with a bit of natural tinder (or petroleum cotton ball, steel wool, or dryer lint - IF I think that far ahead)

Bran <><

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In scouts we used Frito Corn Chips and dryer lint,both work really good.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread