Newbie Metal Detector Blog **Need Input**

BC_Scrap

Greenie
May 12, 2005
Hi Treasurenet,

I'm as green as they get for metal detecting and everything I learned so far has been from this site and members.
I am currently getting together supplies and equipment for my Metal Detecting Spring and Summer. I have bought 3 pinpointers and an ACE 250 and ordered the 4.5" sniper coil (Thanks Dallas at K&D Detectors !), I will be blogging and posting pictures and videos on my adventure basically documenting my treasure seeking odyssey as seen through the eyes of a greenhorn. Also I will be using products that are affordable and hopefully easy to use.
The pinpointers I have found are as follows:
The CEN-TECH Metal Detector pinpointer (Thanks Tim! - I lost your forum username)
The Bounter Hunter Pinpointer
and a TX-2002

If anyone else can think of a cheap pinpointer to use or any other tools that a newbie would be able to use that are inexpensive, please leave a reply here.

If this has been done before let me know.

Thanks everyone any input on this is great input!

OP
OP
B

BC_Scrap

Greenie
May 12, 2005
Well Kudos to TreasureNet once again! Using Google-Earth I found a military installation that has not been marked by google maps...Now are they worth metal detecting? Is it too dangerous for a Greenhorn...what do you watch out for besides the obvious torpedo shaped metal objects.

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Be careful around military installations. If it's an active installation, you may be greeted with an M-16.
If it's a non-active installation, it may still be monitored. And if it was ever used as a bombing range, completely steer clear of the place!
Bottom line... you need permission to detect places like that.

Bran <><

OP
OP
B

BC_Scrap

Greenie
May 12, 2005
No, Its been shut down since 1946 nothing there anymore you'd never know it was anything if you walked through there.

RockHopper2

Nov 22, 2009
Fletcher, OK
BC , you already know to check around any foundations you can find. Look for a large flat area used for a parade feild. We used those areas for combat training, and everone lost coins out of those baggy pants. Good Luck. RH2.

OP
OP
B

BC_Scrap

Greenie
May 12, 2005
Been playing around with the TX-2002 pinpointer seems like a piece of poop! The Harbor Freight one seems soooo much better

OP
OP
B

BC_Scrap

Greenie
May 12, 2005
Someone emailed me I should get Automax Precision V4 Pinpointer as it is another affordable option....If anyone has one for sale cheap lemme know. I will post honest and unbiased opinions on the products.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread