Anyone have a hard case to carry detectors?

RushinPA

Mar 11, 2010
Gardners, PA
Detector(s) used
Tejon, F-75
In my travels I see many places to detect. The one issue is, how to protect my detector in the work truck. It is full of tripods, shovels, stakes, iron pins, and other items. I don't like using the detector bags that you can easily get. I was thinking along the line of a hard case for a rifle, but they are to thin. Anyone have a good idea?

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
gold bug pro,garret,whites,tesoro,bounty-hunter,,.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought a hard case for a gun ,It was over sized to allow for a scope .It works great for my detector.

Minrelica

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2010
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 800, Minelab SE PRO, Minelab X-Terra Pro & 14 other machines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
strickman said:
I bought a hard case for a gun ,It was over sized to allow for a scope .It works great for my detector.

I've been thinking about getting a hard gun case for mine but I wasn't sure if the detector was too thick or not. Are you breaking the machine down at all?

I found a perfect long duffel bag at a thrift store that I've been using. I get a lot of concerned looks and sometimes questions from people wondering if it's a gun or not. I guess it somewhat looks like a gun case but only to people who know nothing about gun cases.

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
gold bug pro,garret,whites,tesoro,bounty-hunter,,.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to break it down some ,not too bad . But I have seen some that work without it . By the way mine is not a flat case , there are different styles.

Minrelica

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2010
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
strickman said:
I have to break it down some ,not too bad . But I have seen some that work without it . By the way mine is not a flat case , there are different styles.

If you know the name brand or case number I'm interested to know what it is so I can look into getting one. I'm way out of the loop when it comes to gun cases.

Minrelica

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2010
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fantastic!

Thanks for posting the link. :icon_thumright:

retaf

Apr 29, 2012
WIT said:
If you know the name brand or case number I'm interested to know what it is so I can look into getting one. I'm way out of the loop when it comes to gun cases.

Whites has hard cases, however requires disassembly. It's about 100 bucks on At most whites distribution dealers

The part number is 601-1158-1, google whites metal detector cases, about they are $100.00

Last edited:

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
DON'T use a hard gun case! The case will draw bad-guys, thinking it is a gun. TTC

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get a golf bag case, I have 2 of them.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Break your detector down into two pieces. (that's the basic take down for most detectors) Then measure the length of the longer piece. Then measure the control box WIDTH. Go to a thrift store and look for a hardshell suitcase large enough to allow the pieces to fit, with the control box on it's side. Those large old Samsonite luggage pieces can often be found for about $5 at thrift stores or yardsales. Go to a hobby store and look for pieces of foam rubber thick enough to use as filler for the suitcase. Lay out the shape of the detector pieces on the foam rubber and cut out the shapes. Glue the foam into the suitcase bottom and top. Bingo. a hardshell carrier for you detector for less than about 15 to 20 bucks..........a heck of a lot less than what you'll pay for a "store bought" detector case.

I got a hardshell suitcase to carry and store my large, Bostich framing nail gun for about $3 at a yard sale.

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Fisher Teknetics Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lowe's has a 28" hard plastic weatherproof toolbox for about $30 in their tool section. My Fisher will break down into three pieces, then use bubble wrap each piece. Room for pointer and extra batteries.

I think it's a Stanley, has a Bostitch sticker on it. Home Depot also has them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread