Microwave Gold Kiln

charlotte49er

Jun 2, 2011
Charlotte, NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, DetectorPro Pirate Pro & Headhunter Wader, Fisher F2, F4, F75, Tesoro Compadre, Silver Umax, Vaquero, Cortes, Nugget Snoop & Falcon MD20
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I flubbed up my video I did on my gold, I may still be able to salvage it. However, here's the video that I did on silver.

I weighed the Sterling prior to smelting it and weighed the .9999 silver before as well. That way, taking the percentage of each, you can get a pretty good idea of the Assay after you make the "Button". Also as you can see, you will lose some in the process. This is due to the fact that there maybe other metal 'lurking' in your mix. (I cut off the earing backs, usually stainless steel, but the solder remains, usually silver solder.) I ALWAYS check with a super strong magnet prior to running to make sure no magnetic material is 'lurking' as well.

I think I came up to around 98% pure silver. (Not sure I posted this in the video.)

BE VERY CAREFUL! The crucible & contents will reach 2300 degree F!

Sorry it's so long 23 Minutes! I tried to cut it down. (Of course I stopped the video when nothing was happening.

Also, you'll see why my Father told me, "I have a face for radio!" :icon_scratch:

Here's the "gold" button I did:
2013-01-21 15.51.57.jpg

Silver 'Button'
2014-04-16 10.42.46.jpg 2014-04-16 10.43.15.jpg

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have been wondering if this thing actually worked. Thanks about it.

DocBeav

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2012
SE Va
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX 3030 (17", 11", 6" coils), Minelab Excalibur 800, Minelab Excalibur 1000 (w/OBN's Remote Pinpoint mod and CTX headphone connector)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never seen that before.....great video my friend!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread