Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

us
    You stay classy TreasureNet

Oct 2006
    West Haven, UT
    XP Deus
    204 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (2)

Home made screens, what do you have?

I am going to make me a new screen this week and I was hoping to see some new ideas. My last screen was destroyed in a minor car accident. It was the wooden type with two legs. It was ok but hard for my kids to operate.

Currently my idea is to use metal conduit for the frame. Yes I have a welder if the need arises.

I know there has to be some great ideas in this group.

Dec 2006
    Watseka, Illinois
    Nokta Fors Core, X pointer, Sunrays
    48 times
    Use a folding card table .. remove the top and screen.. They usually have enough play to shake well.. Maybe add a handle to help.. Or suspend a framed screen from it...
    WADE ON IN THE WATER AIN"T DEEP!!!!

us
    Feb 2011
    N.Indiana
    Minelab Sov.GT , Explorer SE Pro , Excalibur 1000
    321 times
    Here's a pic of mine. It's a floater I use water hunting. Works great. Only change I would make is to center the screen so just flipping it, you can use both sides.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0936.JPG 
Views:	168 
Size:	2.89 MB 
ID:	1123174
    Kevin from IN

us
    May 2009
    48 times
    A few years ago I made a half inch screen classifier for gold panning from the top 5 or 6 inches of a 5 gallon bucket and hardware cloth , I found the directions online somewhere. When I started metal detecting in water I was going to make a large floating sifter but instead I just attatched a pool noodle around the classifier and it works great. Its not as wide as I would prefer it to be but its been working good anyway. I just tie it to my belt with a section of rope and pull it around with me.

us
    Capt Hawk

Aug 2008
    Georgia
    Old School
    33 times
    Relic Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by pennyfarmer View Post
    I am going to make me a new screen this week and I was hoping to see some new ideas. My last screen was destroyed in a minor car accident. It was the wooden type with two legs. It was ok but hard for my kids to operate.

Currently my idea is to use metal conduit for the frame. Yes I have a welder if the need arises.

I know there has to be some great ideas in this group.
    .................................................. I have made home made screens before....and it is best to make it as light weight as possible....expecially if you have to pack it in to a remote area! Getting older...I try to be a lot more practicle...you can buy the Garrett Classifer screen and it fits right over the top of the 5 gallon bucket! Lightweight and easy to transport!

us
    May 2019
    Las Vegas
    39 times
    Prospecting
    i have been getting my classifier screens from amazon, but i would like to go smaller than #50, any suggestions for finding screens of #100, maybe smaller....... this would save me giving more money to amazon.

Sponsored Links